PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Extremely disappointed in my overall experience with this school. I have absolutely no idea how they earned an AMI accreditation, not at all what I expected given my previous experience with AMI schools. Extremely disappointed, I can't say that enough. Leadership, if you can all it that, was basically non-existent. I would highly advise touring the school, meeting the teacher and principal. The only "good" thing I can say is that the teacher assistants, although not AMI certified, were really great with the kids, and this is more than I can say for the teacher my child had and "principle". I do not recommend this school if a true montessori experience is what you are after. If you're looking for a daycare, this is your place.

Kids are given a lot of time to focus on skill development, and to learn through multiple modes. This reinforces their understanding and develops a more solid base for reasoning using foundation concepts in math, reading, geography, etc.

Both of my children attend(ed) and both have loved it for different reasons. One (went 3 years through kindergarten) is very cerebral, gifted, and creative, and was given license to pursue interests and a customized path that provided SUCH a grounded basis for learning. Still excelling at another private school now. Our younger child is currently attending, and skips into class every day and is also given so much personal attention, but all kids work at their own pace -- it's an amazing experience. The class is so peaceful -- very unlike many classrooms we have toured. Great parents, too, who have made a well-thought-out decision to pay quite substantially for this early start to their child's education.

A kind, caring, welcoming teachers and community. The school is a bit small, but they make up for that by using community resources. I love true Montessori approach.. students learn independence, thoughtfulness, creative thinking and community awareness in a way no traditional school can offer. I don't worry about my daughter not having to memorize answers for tests, because here she develops the skills necessary to find the information she needs. A Montessori student is never lost.

Last modified Northwest Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-6