Seattle, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 26, 2014
The school plays their girls a level down in basketball so 8th graders are versing seventh graders. The neighborhood is full of crime and the most awful thing is they say it will provide life experiences but they come out not knowing how to cope.

Posted November 30, 2013
My daughter is attending SGS for the first time this year. The first day of school, I remember leaving her in the classroom with the small group of students sitting at the tables in a circle, with nervous eyes on each other and their new space. Later that day, they were laughing, joking and smiling like they had known each other for years. They disagree, of course, and don't always get along, but they deal with issues as a community, like a family. That is one of the wonderful things about SGS, everyone knows your child, they know when she is having a hard time and support her, they take the time to get to know what motivates her to be the best her she can be. The SGS community is wrapped around each girl from the first day, and it shows. My daughter LOVES Seattle Girls' School, and I love it as well. Last year, she sadly began to loose the joy of learning. She was broken, by the memorization, drilling and testing that was happening in her old school. Today she comes home every day excited about something she learned, or a project she is working on. I don't even know if she knows how much she is learning, because she is having fun doing it! Thank you SGS.

Posted November 21, 2013
SGS was a wonderful experience for our daughter, she is a junior in high school. She learned how to set goals for her education, talk about what she is learning and what she wants to improve upon. The math department has been with the school for years, the newest member is the current 6th grade math teacher, who was a student teacher in 5th grade and has taught 2 years of 6th grade math, she has a B.A., Community, Environment, and Planning, and Dance, University of Washington and a M.I.T., Masters in Teaching from Seattle University. The Dean of Students is very qualified and has a Bachelor Degree in Liberal Arts, and completing her Master Degree in Education. SGS has given our daughter courage, curiosity and the love of learning. She is gracious, curious and is able to talk to her teachers about her classes, and get questions answered. Her Honors Chemistry teacher said she doesn't want to memorize information but wants to understand it and once she understands it she helps others. She got into her 1st choice high school because of SGS. SGS was worth every cent and we know she will continue to use her skills from SGS in her studies & everyday life. I highly recommend the school.

Posted August 20, 2013
I agree with the other parent who mentioned to research how many children have pulled out of this school since the change in the head of school. There was a social media group site that most of the students were members of, where the girls would go in and vent about how unfair this school was and how much they hated it. The academic curriculum is very good here, however, the unfairness, bullying, sabotaging of high school applications, and the emotional damage my child has experienced from the other students, staff, and threats from another wealthier parent from attending this school has scarred her and left us with a long road of emotional recovery ahead of us.

Posted April 10, 2013
Seattle Girls' School has proven to be the best decision we could have made for our now 7th grade daughter. The integrated curriculum, hands on learning and remarkable commitment of the staff has exceeded all expectations.

Posted September 12, 2012
Check how many students pulled out since a change in the head of shcool. The bullying here is not only done by the students but staff as well. The staff here also enable wealthier parents to bully lower class income parents. HUGE MISTAKE putting my daughter here.

Posted May 26, 2011
My daughter joined the school two years ago. At the time her math scores were beginning to falter, she had lost interest in learning Spanish, and was becoming shy. Now she is a leader at the school, enjoys math and science, and has made many friends. The curriculum is exceptionally well integrated, the atmosphere supportive, and the leadership exceptional. I can't recommend SGS high enough.

Posted December 25, 2009

Seattle Girls' School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
SGS teaches girls about their potential and all the girls who come out of this school know that they can do anything. they have the skills and motivation to go on into high school and college and get the most from their experiences. SGS, although being a private school, mandates that 40% of their girls come from economic situations that would otherwise make this kind of education impossible. My daughter was one of those girls. she went to be on the deans list in college and is persuing a degree in psychology, and on to a doctorate.

Posted December 08, 2008
This school is perfect in all ways imaginable. I'm a student here, and it's my first year, and it's everything I wanted in a school and more. The education is amazing, project-based, hands-on material that integrates the latest learning technology. Although I love the education, my favorite part of SGS is the 'extra stuff'. Just some of the fun things we do include internships (every Wednesday afternoon, we'd go do our internship. Mine was making music and we went to a real recording studio!), after school sports (soccer, cross-country, basketball, lacrosse, skiing, and snowboarding), and getting leadership roles that make the school better. We have a student council, a student concerns committee, and student spirit committee, student ambassadors, and other things to come. I love this school, and I can't wait to get there every day.

Seattle Girls' School