Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Pathfinder K-8
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 17, 2015
Talia Mass Howard and David Dockendorf have contributed greatly to my child's academics and self esteem.

Posted December 17, 2015
My child is in 5th grade at Pathfinder. She has had an amazing experience there and it feels good to know that she is such an important part of the community.

Posted September 29, 2015
I disagree with the above posters about the special education services at Pathfinder. My son has multiple health issues and an unusual developmental disorder. After a horrible year at another school, my son was placed in the self contained general special education classroom. Even with his unique needs, he has done nothing but thrive in the environment. As for the rest of the students, I have never seen such happy, content children as I have seen there the last six years. The alternative model of the school is so much better for them.

Pathfinder K-8 3

Posted March 09, 2015
Hi, it is sad to hear of the non good words of this elementary, we too have experienced drama and abuse at this school and feel we need a safer place where the children can learn and excel in the process of their education, I did speak with staff and have been alerted to the change that is need ; we need better teacher that can handle and disabled children . I really don't have anything negative to say about the staff, but we need to all chip in as community and take pride in our loved ones , the children, Peace to all

Posted October 13, 2014
I do not recommend this school for kids that are dyslexic or have other language related challenges. In our experience, we found the teachers to have low to zero awareness of dyslexia and therefore did not have the skills needed to teach dyslexic children. During our time there, the principal was not at all interested in building this muscle at Pathfinder K-8. With 1 in 5 kids on the dyslexic spectrum, I found this shocking. We left the school and found a place where our son learned to successfully read and write and his confidence skyrocketed.

Posted February 19, 2014
My son, who is not neurotypical, attended Kindergarten through second here. Our experiences were horrid. I hear the school has changed and that may well be true. My son was fairly traumatized. One of his teachers practically called him stupid to his face and another didn't believe him when he said he was being bullied and the special education department was a disappointment. Very sad for us, but we've since gone on to home-school and then to a very positive experience in another school. Parents were very much busy volunteering, but mostly coddling their own children, rather than helping the entire class.

Pathfinder K-8 4

Posted October 20, 2013
We've been at the school for eight years. Both of my children attend. I have had mostly great experiences here. No school is perfect but the teachers here have gone above and beyond in their teaching.

Posted June 04, 2013
My son is just finishing up K this year. I wasn't sure what to expect but I have been pleasantly surprised. The teacher he has is wonderful and all the others I've met seem just as caring and committed. The schools leadership are engaged and want feedback. There were a few minor things I brought to the vice principal's attention and she was very professional and concerned and is working towards a solution. My son never liked school but likes Pathfinder. The parent involvement is amazing in his class (can't speak for rest although I've heard just as good). Our attendance school is Alki but I chose Pathfinder over it because of the amazing teachers and expeditions. I would recommend to anyone. I have also used Blazing Trails and it is very convenient to have on-site. Only negative is large class size but I know that is a SPS issue. Not happy with that one. I'm hoping that we continue to be as happy at this school.

Posted January 29, 2013
Our son started kindergarten this year and we have been consistently impressed so far. The staff is wonderful, the parents are involved, and as a result, the children are very respectful and caring. I have walked through the school with my 6 year old and kids from K-6th grade all know his name and say "hi". As a parent of a kindergartener, one of my concerns was bullying but after seeing how great all of the kids are to each other I no longer have that worry. The before and after school program at Blazing Trails is an absolute god-send. I feel so fortunate to be able to be a part of this great program.

Posted July 27, 2012
My child attended Pathfinder and I have to say I was not impressed. The parents were nice enough but the leadership gave me a bad impression. Glad to move my child out of the school.

Pathfinder K-8
1901 SW Genesee, Seattle, WA  98106
Last modified Pathfinder K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.