Bad
Good

I have a hard time believing all of these positive reviews. I know many families in my neighborhood that have removed their kids from this school due to bullying - by both kids and adults. The principal has zero social skills and is very condescending to say the least. The test scores are low and the school blames the "underprivileged" children for this. I transferred my son to a school with a similar population and that school is thriving as is my son. He is above grade level now and while at South Shore, the principal had suggested that he had a learning disability! Steer clear of this school, at least until they get a new admin.

My son has only been attending South Shore for 2 weeks, and already we both love this school! His teacher called me to set up an in-person get to know you interview about 2 hours after he was presented to her classroom as a new student, and we've heard nothing but good things every since. As a parent I am also feeling supported with active involvement by the principal, teachers, and PTSA to support the school with various programs.

This school really changed my life. I have attended South Shore since Pre-K, and now I am going to start 8th grade. The best thing about the school is it's small grade size. The average is probably 80 to 90 students in a grade. The teachers take time to connect with the students and really try to help them reach their fullest potential. South Shore is one of the best schools in the state with the high test scores and the best thing about it right now is the new building!

Great teachers. Amazing parental involvement. Beautiful new building. The New School Foundation helps with so many things - pre-school, low teacher/student ratio, art, music etc. . . Crossing my fingers that we have a good principal. This is her firs year with us.

I love being a new school parent! My kids have been attending for over 4 years now! They have excellent values and we as parents partipcate on every level at the school! It is a place for kids and families with great test scores to boot!

I wouldn't dream of sending my kids anywhere else!

The New School is a caring community of parents, kids, and staff. It's wonderfully diverse in every sense. Kids who are just learning English get lots of extra attention, and within a year or two are reading and writing as well as their native English-speaking peers. It's really remarkable. And everyone is encouraged above all to be safe, kind, and respectful. That is the foundation of the school community, and it's embraced by all.

Last modified The New School At South Shore is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.