6-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter went in one type of girl (afraid of the world) and came out amazing...a great student, a public speaker, a leader. Can't recommend L-Dub enough.

Given how much I used these reviews to find potential schools, its time I write a review for LWGMS. LWGMS has transformed my daughter. She exudes confidence, a willingness to take risks, and above all, despite these hormonally charged years, she continues to be caring, respectful, and compassionate. I am forever grateful to the faculty who always strive higher. The school is a perfect blend of academics and fun. Above all, unlike many middle schools, the LWGMS parent community is warm and inclusive. Not only does LWGMS prepare our girls, but they educate the parents to form a cohesive partnership in our girls' learning.

Top ten reasons you should apply to LWGMS: 1) The teachers want you to succeed. 2) There are only 18 girls per class. 3) You will build a strong bond with your teachers and classmates. 4) You can talk to the teachers about problems with classmates, or issues with homework or ...anything. 5) You will not get bored in any of your classes they are all fun and exciting with energetic teachers. 6) They have a good challenging work in every class. 7) We go to Starbucks at least 3 times a year. 8) You make an unbreakable bond with your classmates. 9) We put on a play each year(lots of fun). 10) Our motto is strong in mind body and voice and by graduation (8th grade) you WILL be strong in mind body and voice. I love L- dub and when I leave I will miss it soooooo much!!!

LWGMS has been an incredible experience for both our daughters. It lives up to its mission. Our daughters are more confident, willing to speak their minds in an appropriate manner, and made it through the 'middle school years' in a wonderful, nurturing, academically rigorous environment. LWGMS gets at leats 5 stars.

We could not be happier with LW. It is a fantastic school and really does build the girls for life- in mind, body and sporot

My daughter could not have had a better experience. I'm shocked to see the 2-star rating someone gave below. It strikes me as petulant, especially since this parent's main complaint is that the teachers 'care a little bit too much.' The school wasn't perfect, but the strength and confidence it brings out in the girls really needs to be experienced to be believed.

We could not have asked for a better experience for our daughter. The curriculum is rigorous, the teachers extremely qualified and caring, and the community of parents a group of people we are happy to spend so much time with! While our daughter would have faired just fine at a larger coed middle school, we are so grateful to have been given the chance to offer her a supportive community during what can be challenging times for young women. The emphasis on social responsibility is a bonus for our family, as it aligns with our shared values at home.

We used to think our daughter wasn't a morning person, because she was slow to get out of bed in the morning. We had to reevaluate when she started at LWGMS. She LOVES going to school everyday! The classes are creative, the teachers fun and supportive, the girls genuinely cooperative and caring for one another (because that is the expectation) and the small class sizes mean that her strong writing skills are challenged AND she gets extra support in math. You can't beat the price (if you are willing to get involved and support the school with your time)!

My daughter grew as a student and as a person after attending LWGMS. The academic program is challenging and inspiring. The small school environment provides for ample enrichment opportunities and allows teachers get to know their students' strengths and challenges. Teachers work closely with students and parents to assure that academic and social issues are dealt with quickly. My daughter is still close with her friends from lWGMS 2 years after leaving. The girls form very close bonds and support each other long after they graduate. It is and excellent school in many ways. I can not imagine my daughter having gone anywhere else during those crucial years.

Last modified Lake Washington Girls Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 6-8