Seattle, WA

Posted December 02, 2009
Our daughter started kindergarten here this year and we couldn't be happier with the school. Her teacher is fantastic, the program is academically challenging- even in K, the children are bright/interesting/friendly/wonderful, and the community is very strong. The small class size allows the teachers to tend to each child's needs.

Posted November 15, 2009
My son graduated 8th grade last year and now is an excelling student/athlete at Odea Highschool. The school kept him on track with studies, embraced him with encouragement and induced him into a wonderfully diverse community of people that care. I have a daugter in 2nd Grade there and she is also having a positive experience. The entire staff is warm and welcoming to all.

Posted October 25, 2009
I feel really lucky to have my daughter at St. Therese. It has everything I was looking for in a school. The student body is very diverse as is the parent community, so kids grow up knowing that multi-cultural families are the norm. The small class size is amazing and makes a huge difference, especially in the earlier grades. She gets so much more attention and individual instruction than she would in a public school. I also love the smallness--all the staff know her name because it's such a small school. It makes me feel secure while I'm at work that she is looked after and well-cared for, not lost in a huge school. Academics are great, parent involvement is high, and the emphasis on social justice and values is very important to me too. Really happy with our choice!

Posted October 21, 2009
My daughter is now attending this school and I have to say that she is thriving there. The teachers and staff are genuinely friendly and welcoming. The school is quite diverse which adds to the education. I highly recommend it.

Posted October 19, 2009
I have multiple kids at St. Therese. My kids have very different personalities and learning styles but St. Therese is able to meet their distinct educational and social needs. I love that their class size is small so they receive individual attention from all of the adults in the school. The community of parents, teachers and administrators are all committed to ensuring that our children receive an excellent educational experience.

Posted October 17, 2009
Small school but very diverse, we love it here! staff is caring and supportive. We send our 2 kids here and couldn't be happier with the education and support staff.

St Therese School 0

Posted October 17, 2009
My two sons have attended St. Therese for three years having transferred from a Catholic school on Capitol Hill. At thier former school my sons were 'bullied' and did not fit in because they were not 'rich' or 'mean' enough -- despite the fact our family is fairly well off. St. Therese is a very caring, diverse student body -- my sons LOVE the school. The academics in the lower school match any other private school in the city. The upper school needs work. Nonetheless, the kids who graduate from St. Therese get into all of the private Catholic high schools in the area, including Seattle Prep, O'Dea, Holy Names, Forest Ridge, Blanchett and Kennedy. I will take a student body that is inclusive, caring and kind over one that is high achieving, self absorbed and mean any day. The school is worth checking out.

St Therese School 0

Posted October 16, 2009
You know, my son has been at St. T's for two years now. We transferred him in after spending his K year in a nameless, yet awful SE Seattle Public School (hint: rhymes with GRR!) My husband and I have been so pleased with our child's growth and aptitude. St. T's is a very, very small school filled with teachers who are dedicated to every child's academic needs. The school's size allows for all of the kids to know one another; and for the teachers to 'tailor' the needs of each child's academic needs. The informal atmosphere makes us feel like we're with family instead of a bunch of administrators who are required to enact one-size-fits-all policies. And, at the end of the day- our fairly laid back child, reminds us to register him early to ensure a spot in the next year's class. What more proof did we need?

Posted October 16, 2009
i just submitted my review. I just want to add we are lacking languages we need languages to start in Elementary school at St Therese.

Posted October 16, 2009
Inclusion. Social Justice-focused, Accessibility. These three words summarize this school. We feel great about the quality of education our son is getting, and even stronger about the total program (academics, sports, after-school programs, mentoring/leadership role of middle-school children). Every school wants and deserves more resources, and St. Therese is no exception. But what they've accomplised is remarkable: this is an affordable private school centered on providing access to as many children as possible. It's diversity is stunning! And the total community is constantly learning, evolving and doing it's best to work together.

St Therese School