Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted April 28, 2016
We are new to Seattle this year, and my daughter attends Jane Addams in the HCC program. We have been extremely happy with the work she is doing in school--we've moved a bit, and attended 2 other school districts, and Jane Addams is the best we've experienced in terms of correctly gauging and challenging her level of ability. All of her teachers seem very engaged. Importantly, she is thrilled. As she told me last fall, "I'm thriving."

Posted April 02, 2015
Jane Addams is now a middle school. My son is in a 6th grade here and it's his first year at Jane Addams. This is the first time I see my son HAPPY and talking how much more fun a middle school is. My son attended Wedgwood Elementary for 6 years and both him and I were miserable all 6 years: school's culture (class show-off, no diversity inclusion, horrible, authoritative principal (Mr. Cronas), teachers mostly terrible...). Jane Addams has been a heaven-sent. We love the diversity, teachers are mostly great, principal is hard-working (5 stars for Ms. Montgomery), counselors are understanding and accommodating. The program? Like most standardized public schools, Jane Addams must follow a protocol. Wish our students are better challenged in a more creative and interest-driving way. There are fair amount of electives and sports to choose from, music, art... Foreign languages... As a parent I am satisfied, my son happy... what more to ask. Thank you Jane Addams!

Posted November 17, 2013
My son, who is APP qualified, and who was miserable (he did love his friends at least) for 6yrs at Wedgwood Elementary School, was happier and performing better in his first 2weeks at Jane Addams K-8 than I have ever seen him. He talks about how smart his teachers are, how much they care, and how he feels like he goes to a private school. Enough said.

Posted December 10, 2012
My daughter is now in her second year at Jane Addams -- she's a first grader. She's having a great time there. Their integrated Spectrum program works for those who have tested into higher learning as well as those who haven't tested or who didn't meet the testing criteria, but perform at a high level. Children are taught reading/writing at their level and those performing a grade or more ahead in math walk to a different class. I also love the rotation system the elementary students have regarding art, P.E. and music -- one full week of each before rotating. The fact that its a new school (and an option school to boot) means that it has both an engaged group of teachers and parents. While I miss the opportunity to walk to our neighborhood school, I feel that we made the right choice for our family -- our son will be starting kindergarten there next year.

Posted September 06, 2012
We moved to Jane Addams last year from a well-thought of private school that wasn't able to meet my child's minor health-related special need. It was the best decision we could have made. The staff is excellent, from the office staff to the principal and teachers we've had. One of the things that stands out is how happy the staff is and how highly they talk about the school. The environment is positive and everyone seems to be working together to make the school a wonderful place to learn. Both of my daughters (now 1st and 6th grade) are thriving and growing here.

Posted August 20, 2012
My daughter is going into her 3rd year at Jane Addams (she started in kindergarten) and we've been VERY happy there. The teachers and administration has worked hard to support a variety of levels of learning (my daughter is APP qualified, but doing great there.) The PTSA is VERY dedicated and active, the principal may be the best in the district. There are new and exciting developments each year (this year we're getting music instruction for all and expanded drama for the middle school kids.) Through the dedication of the parents, the enrollment for this school has ballooned and there is now a waitlist at almost every grade. I don't think the district quite believes how well we're doing.

Posted March 11, 2012
We are incredibly happy with our Kindergartener's experience at Jane Addams this year. She loves going to school, has a wonderfully dedicated teacher, and is doing well academically. We were drawn to the emphasis on math and science, have have been very pleased with the well-rounded curriculum that also includes regular art and PE classes. The support of the PTSA and parent volunteers also help make this a great learning community - there is a lot of enthusiasm and involvement. Finally, the strong leadership is leading to gains in enrollment (up to 525 for 2011-2012) and achievement each year for this young school (it opened in fall 2009). We're happier and happier with our choice of Jane Addams!

Posted January 25, 2012
My child started 6th grade this past fall at Jane Addams K8. She had been incredibly happy there. There has been little or no stress related to the transition to middle school and she is learning a ton and making many new friends. She feels safe there and all of the staff is very dedicated to their jobs and the principal is on top of it... We are very pleased and highly recommend it as an alternative to the overcrowded Eckstein Middlle School.

Posted June 16, 2011
I have two children at Jane Addams and they are thriving. The school has incredible leadership, dedicated teachers, and a diverse community of parents who have - in only two years - banded together to help create a school with pride and purpose. The standout for us has been the amount of differentiation that happens within each classroom. Although my children are not identified as Spectrum they are challenged with high expectations for reaching their next level of ability. We are really glad we took a chance on this great school that, with time, will be amazing.

Posted June 07, 2011
I am sorry to read the review from a middle school parent. My kindergarten daughter has had an amazing experience at Jane Addams. We have been impressed at the school's support for advanced learners and have been happy that our APP eligible daughter has been engaged and challenged. We really enjoy the community, the teachers and the administration, which in our experience has been very open and receptive to parental input. While the middle school community is taking a little longer to get rolling than the elementary grades, Jane Addams is an excellent school with a lot of wonderful energy that is doing great things in an amazingly short amount of time.

Jane Addams Middle School
11051 34 Ave NE, Seattle, WA  98125
Last modified Jane Addams Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.