Seattle, WA

Posted February 14, 2014
My son is a kindergartner in the Japanese Language immersion program and is doing beautifully! McDonald has some of the most competent, patient and impressive teachers and immersion assistants I have every seen. I am so happy that he is receiving a multi-cultural education. What we are doing at McDonald will change the course of our children education on up to college. So incredibly pleased

Posted October 14, 2013
Wonderful school! We were lucky to have this school. It is a dual language program with half the day spent learning math and science in the foreign language (either Spanish or Japanese). We are in Japanese immersion and while I was disappointed at first, the teachers are second-to-none. The school is also in a newly remodeled building. A huge percentage of parents volunteer and the community is terrific.

Posted October 13, 2013
We feel so lucky to live near this wonderful school. Our son started kindergarten this year. He went to a Waldorf play-based preschool and we were worried about such a shift to a different learning style. Our son, though, comes home talking excitedly about what he learned at school and sings songs in Spanish. He loves his teachers and they have enough assistants to give kids the attention they need to learn at their own pace. The community is warm and welcoming and the principal is very approachable. We love McDonald!

Mc Donald Elementary School 4

Posted October 11, 2013
The opportunity to learn a foreign language while in public school is phenomenal and I give the school 5 stars for that. On the critics side, I think that other aspects of the elementary experience are pushed aside in favor of the language immersion program. No theater, no choir, no school yearbook, no band (except upper grades not in language immersion).

Posted October 09, 2013
I could not be more pleased with McDonald elementary! Our daughter is in the first grade Japanese immersion program and comes home each day with a love for school and learning! McDonald is housed in a beautifully renovated building in Seattle and although it a larger building, it has the feel of a small private school. Parent involvement is high and the teachers are fabulous. We felt like we won the lottery having such a fabulous school in our neighborhood!

Posted October 09, 2013
McDonald is a gem. The language immersion classes have assistants and often interns, allowing for one teacher to focus 1:1 or all 3 teachers to take small groups. (Parents fundraise for this, which requires time & $, but it's a team effort.) The English teachers have done a nice job respecting the needs of different paces and abilities. WIthin the first few weeks of school, my son was singing in the other language and frequently wanting to teach me words. He's also growing tremendously in his knowledge of other cultures and the world. I am thrilled we get to attend McDonald.

Posted September 03, 2013
I cannot express how great this school is! Our son is in the Japanese immersion program and has made amazing progress in his first year. The teachers are fantastic, the TAs are incredible, and the parents are encouraged to get involved. Like the other parent, our son is challenged but not to the point of frustration. We feel very fortunate to live near this great school.

Posted January 15, 2013
We have been very happy with McDonald International School. Our son spends half the day (math and science) in Spanish and half (Language Arts and Social Studies) in English. We were very nervous about the language immersion but he is doing great in all subjects. His teachers have all been excellent. School is challenging but not frustrating. The parent community is very involved. We have been very happy with McDonald School.

Mc Donald Elementary School
144 NE 54th Street, Seattle, WA  98103
Last modified Mc Donald Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mc Donald Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top