Selah High School 2

Posted September 22, 2013
I attended Selah High School between 2001-2004 and honestly I have no idea how I graduated. Before attending different colleges in my search for a career, I wasn t unable to form a sentence correctly and, even simple mathematical skills were amiss. I somehow was lost in the school system. I was never forced to repeat a grade throughout my attendance and, my little brother was able to get to his sophomore year without being able to read. I place blame on our lack of parental guidance and the lack of Selah s Schools as a whole. My mother (our only active parent) was in no way influential in the community and truly I can think of one or two teachers that cared enough to try with me. I know that I was painfully shy so I could have fooled teachers into thinking that I was learning and keeping up or maybe they assumed that I would be like the majority of my class mates and, mass produce while living off of the government. I am now looking to move back to WA and I am searching for a good school district for my potential child to attend. I am rating this school 2 stars because of the two teachers who made a difference and, are no longer there.

Selah High School 0

Posted December 14, 2009
I am a student at Selah High School. If i could, I would condiser transferring schools. The problem I mainly have is, some students, get MANY more oppertunities than others. Cheerleaders for instense, get all the attention. Where as the band, which I happen to be in, gets harldy any. Everybody cheers for cheerleaders at games, and assemblies. But when it comes to the band, no one really even says thank you. It's a bit sad, I'll say that. I also think, some of the teachers focus their attention more on the students that they like more, or think are smarter. And this is a personal experience. I have always noticed teachers talking more, helping, and even calling on certain students much more than they would to others. Several of my calssmates have noticed the same thing. Certain people need to respect others, not just the ones they want to.

Posted April 22, 2009
Selah is the best school in the world. They have extraordinary teachers, staff, and the best principle we have seen in years! They do have Advanced classes, which are ment to challenge students, and they do. I participate in several of these classes, and find that they move at a much faster pace than say, a 'normal' paced class. Sports are highly emphasized, but students can participate in a variety of other activities if sports are not to their personal liking. The clubs are amazing, and consistantly do well at regional, state, and national levels. I also believe it is absolutely ridiculous how some people write a review saying how they transfer for lack of AP classes, when they obviously don't need them, seeing as they cannot even spell simple words such as for or lack. Selah is the best, and I would not trade it for the world. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted April 14, 2009

Selah High School 2

Posted May 13, 2008
Removed children from district in order to have a more challenging academic school environment. Selah has a nice school but some cliques make it difficult for students to feel welcomed in the school. Large emphasis on sports and being in the cool crowd. Weak music program.

Posted April 03, 2008

Selah High School 1

Posted December 25, 2007
i am a current student at selah highschool. i plan on transfering next year ofr lac of AP classes, lack of disciplinary action against gang violence, and intolerable behavior exhibited by some of teh male students, and teachers.

Selah High School 3

Posted January 29, 2006
Selah is an OK school. But there is a lack of discipline very few AP and advanced classes. And the ones that are advanced are in name only.

Selah High School 3

Posted January 29, 2006

Selah High School 4

Posted June 29, 2005

Selah High School
801 North First St, Selah, WA  98942
Last modified Selah High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Selah High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top