Bad
Good

Posted January 28, 2014
I have had both of my children attend Pioneer and my oldest one has graduated on to Olympic Middle School. Our experience at Pioneer has been wonderful, the teachers work hard to help the students succeed and have great communication with the parents. My kids have had straight A's and B's and I know it is because of the wonderful teaching and attention the teachers gave them.

Posted June 05, 2010
I have been so grateful for the staff at Pioneer. My son has been in private school since First grade. He was diagnosed with dyslexia and we couldn't find the help and cooperation we needed within the public school system. I was very concerned about his going back to a public school again. I was surprised and impressed by the work and involvement by everyone at Pioneer; the principal, the teachers and the educators all worked together with us to develop a plan that worked for my son. They all listened and adjusted their lesson plans to work with him. This is a wonderful school that deserves a much better score than it has, a very good lesson in not judging a book by it's cover.

Posted February 02, 2010
I wonder about the reviewers listing Pioneer only as one or two stars, and what their experiences have been. In miy and many others experience, Pioneer students are more than prepared for any high school advanced placement/ honors program when they leave due to Pre AP curriculum taught by teachers. Pioneer students are regularly chosen as students of the week at SHS and almost yearly are Valedictorians or Salutatorians. My students have received an excellent public education. Any school will have their shortcomings. I am impressed that without the new buildings, or extra money, Pioneer has offered a wonderful program both academically and athletically for my children.

Posted April 09, 2009
this school is great. it taught us so much and the parents that are rating it 1 stars and 2 havent even gone there so they dont know what i tis really like. and the teachers are all caring and know what they are doing. the 8th grade science teacher Mr. Valley prepares the students for their future better then any other teacher in shelton. the only downfall is that no one gives it a chance because it is a poor and old school. i give this scool 20 stars and 2 thumbs up.

Pioneer Intermediate/Middle School 2

Posted January 06, 2009
The Teaching is substandard. The Principal is very inexperienced. Grading and class-work are a bureaucratic nightmare. And there is little or no accountability for the performance of the Teachers.

Pioneer Intermediate/Middle School 1

Posted November 25, 2008
The safety of the children is terrible. The principle is inexperienced and lacks focus of the children. Instead, more focused on her appearance and head count.

Posted May 08, 2007
Pioneer has provided the best possible experience for both of my children. My oldest served as ASB treasurer last year and my son is now the president. The curriculum is good, the athletics are great, and the teachers are awesome. On a scale of one to ten I would give it a solid twelve.

Pioneer Intermediate/Middle School 4

Posted December 23, 2003
Our caring teachers help us learn and they make it fun too!

Posted September 16, 2003
Pioneer has a wonderful, caring staff that provides an excellent educational experience for all students.

Pioneer Intermediate/Middle School
611 East Agate Rd, Shelton, WA  98584
Last modified Pioneer Intermediate/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.