Shelton, WA

Bordeaux Elementary School 5

Posted June 09, 2014
We moved our kids from a private school into Bordeaux and have been very pleasantly surprised! The teachers thus far have been incredible and facilities are nice. Of course with any school, parental involvement and presence is key. We do have a "special needs" child, and the support we have received has been adequate, but that again, is where it is your job as a parent comes in, and this school (in my experience) is more than happy to have you involved, you simply have to be proactive and ask.

Bordeaux Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
Use to be a great school but it seems now that they spend more time protecting the bullies and leaving the kids that are being bullied to defend for themselves and once your child stands up for themselves they are labeled a problem child and get sent home for everything they do they have some amazing staff and some that simply don't CHILDare and send them out of class at any sign of a problem oftern being stuck in other classes or in solution center I loved this school growing up but now as a parent of a Bordeaux student I am finding myself wanting to pull my child from their school DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE IF THEY ARE SPECIAL NEEDS IR HAVE BEHAVIORAL ISSUES IT WILL DO TOU ANY FAVORS SPEACIAL NEEDS PROGRAMS ARE A JOKE HERE

Bordeaux Elementary School 4

Posted November 06, 2013
I had heard not so good things about this school but I was commuting from Oly and wanted my kids close by so I chose this school as "out of district". I was pleasantly surprised by how organized this school is, how personable the staff is, and how friendly and welcoming they were of my children. The office staff are wonderful and the school is clean! The teachers go above and beyond! We have had to move out of WA State but I want to give Bordeaux a good review because my kids loved it and will miss it terribly!

Bordeaux Elementary School 2

Posted November 30, 2009
I'm giving 2 stars for many reasons. Like a previous poster said, this school has the potential to be a great school but its almost like they have two flat tires and nobody has noticed yet. The #1 thing for parents to know about this school is this: This school does NOT like to notify parents about almost anything because too many parents in the area do not 'like' to be contacted about their child at school. It was more simply put (by staff) that there is too many dead beat parents that get angry at them calling. So in response: they dont. This school has some really great teachers BUT some really horrible ones too. (Ever heard of teaching indepence but NO responsibility that comes with it? Yeah, I wish I never heard of that either!) Good school otherwise, but only if you're VERY ACTIVE in checking in OFTEN.

Bordeaux Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2008
This school has the potential of being a great school. If they spent half the time that is spent on the drama amongst the students, and put that time focusing on their acedemics.

Bordeaux Elementary School 5

Posted March 19, 2007
I am so very pleased with Bordeaux, I cant say enough... The environment and the staff are the best I've seen. All schools claim to have a 'suportive environment' but Bordeaux really delivers. The children actually want to go to school, want to learn, are excited by the teaching methods, and really want to do thier best. The children are also well supervised, and disaplined ( when needed )in a very positive manner. They really encourage the very best behavior with the Top Dog Program. I've never seen anything work so well. And a huge concern to most of us today, is that our kids are safe. Bodeaux has taken school safety to a whole new level, I dont even give my childs safety a second thought. I do wish more parents would get more involved in the classroom activities and fundraisers. Other than that Bordeaux is a wonderful school~

Bordeaux Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2005
This school has been good till this year. I was NOT happy with the teacher we recieved and the lack of support from the principal. They have the best k-2nd Teachers I have been with so far and I really like Several of the 5th grade teachers. I have not dealt with any of the 4th grade teachers at this time.

Bordeaux Elementary School
350 East University Ave, Shelton, WA  98584
Last modified Bordeaux Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bordeaux Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top