Shelton, WA

Posted October 27, 2013
Southside k-12 We have a great school! I'm a little worried about the core change but I'm confident our school will guide us all through the changes.

Posted July 04, 2013
Loved this school my son was only there for the 7th. He started the school yr in classes that gave him extra help. He has been in these classes since 3rd grade at another school and by the end of the yr he mo longer needed them. Great school everyone is so involved there .

Posted December 09, 2010
I am new at Southside and have twins. I live in Arcadia but checked all the schools in a twenty mile radius. I am so happy I chose Southside to start my 5 year olds education. Mrs. Deandre runs the class like a well oiled machine and the new principle shows a great attitude and posesses professionalism in his role which I really respect. I give this school 5 stars and look forward to the years to come.

Posted April 26, 2010
My daughter is in second grade at Southside and I feel that this school is one of the best! It has a principal/ superintendent that is so involved with our children, he and all the teachers give up their own private time to help their students and create programs to help all the kids with whatever subject they may be having trouble with. Our principal, Mr. G. has created a program called Math Night where the students and their parents can come to the school in the evening and do math problems, this way the parents are learning with the kids at the same time. Mr. G. & some parent volunteers put this on every last Thursday of the month. To me, that is total dedication!! I feel very lucky that we have these teachers and staff at our school.

Posted August 04, 2009

Posted March 17, 2009
LOTS of parent involvement, Mr. G (Principal and Super) is about as involved and energetic as you can possibly be, the Booster Club is full of very involved parents that try to help out, there's a real willingness on the part of the Board and Principal to try out new ideas. GREAT school. It's like 'Cheer's'......just for kids! Everybody knows everybody's name.....many of the parents too! Very rare in today's society. Highly recommended, I have two children there now.

Posted June 14, 2006

Posted October 04, 2005

Posted March 05, 2004
I like the fact that the school has a 'no bully' policy that they strictly enforce. It is a small school with a small home town feel, the teachers are friendly and are very involved with each student. Teachers are not only easy to talk to regarding your child, but strongly encourage it!

Southside Elementary School
161 SE Collier Rd, Shelton, WA  98584
Last modified Southside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top