Bad
Good

The summer school program here is a waste of time and money. On the very first day it was discovered that half the students' names were not on the posted class lists. In order to find out what room my son was in, we had to wait for over half an hour. The policy regarding absences is too strict. Illness is not taken into account at all. My son had to miss two days because he came home from the school sick. Today my son became extremely nauseous on the way to school. We sat in the office for a few minutes to see if he would feel better. We were offered a garbage can in case he threw up, but it clearly hadn't been emptied in some time because it was infested with fruit flies. To my horror I learned there was no school nurse on the premises and the secretary was playing that role. My son has a severe peanut allergy and if he had a reaction while at school there would not have been someone there to properly administer his epi pen. Peanut allergies can cause people to stop breathing! Do not waste your time and money on this summer school program. We were kicked from the program because of illness, and while we sat in the office, three other children were dropped as well. The secretary acted like she didn't even care. I will be teaching my son math for the rest of the summer on my own.

My son has been at Briarcrest for only a few months, but has had an amazing change of heart regarding school since transferring there. He enjoys going to school now. He reports that kids at this school are very nice and that, in general, there is less social stress for him there. We are pleased with the reports we hear about his teachers, as well.

Briarcrest Elementary is a stellar school. The teachers are well educated and friendly and they all play a key roll with the PTA. The PTA is very involved in creating opportunities for the students with many after school activities and fun assemblies. Mr. Nessan is a very caring and compassionate Principal and the kids all really enjoy him. Both of my children have come up through this school and we couldn't have been more please. Plus, the music program cannot be beat!

Jonathan Nessan is a wonderful and dedicated Principal. We have been a part of Briarcrest for 7 years and are so pleased with the school. They offer so much for the children, no only amazing academics but fun and family based events that everyone can enjoy. The school has a stellar ELL program and hosts evening English classes (free!) for community members. Their Birth to Briarcrest Program is a great community/school bonding opportunity and the children have a cheery and welcoming campus with numerous activities and programs to enjoy. The teachers are very skilled and compassionate! The PTA is a great group to get involved with, the WATCHDOG program is amazing too! We love Briarcrest!

Briarcrest is an awesome school. My kids love it and I feel welcome on campus, the teachers are always happy to have parents visit the class, attend field trips or volunteer as a Watchdog. Principal Nessan is an excellent administrator but can also be seen playing 4 square on the playground with the kids. The adults in this school put their best efforts into their work and it shows!

Only school in Shoreline School District that has Performing Arts for their students. K-2 have their own performance, then 3-4 and 5-6 has a big production. Principal Nessan is involved with the kids. He also communicates well with the parents and teachers. Parents can help out in the classroom and other areas of the school.

Our daughter is entering third grade this year and so far we've been very happy with Briarcrest. Principle Nessan is terrific, and all of the teachers I've met are friendly and shown genuine interest in the kids.

My daughter has attended this school for 4 years...we are sooooo sad that we are leaving. The programming is excellent, full of lots of choice. The teachers are caring and wonderful learning facilitators. My daughter is heart broken.

We toured ten schools in both Seattle and Shoreline before selecting Briarcrest. We've been impressed with the quality of teachers, Principal Nessan's caring leadership, and the warm, welcoming "vibe" of the staff and parents. It's our third year at Briarcrest, and we're excited to send our son there for Kindergarten next year. Couldn't be more pleased with the school.

I pulled my children from this school several years ago. Many of the teachers were excellent, but the few who weren't were exceptionally bad. We had a very poor experiences with the principal who was not honest with us and did not have our child's best interest at heart.

Last modified Briarcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.