Posted April 14, 2014
Briarcrest Elementary is a stellar school. The teachers are well educated and friendly and they all play a key roll with the PTA. The PTA is very involved in creating opportunities for the students with many after school activities and fun assemblies. Mr. Nessan is a very caring and compassionate Principal and the kids all really enjoy him. Both of my children have come up through this school and we couldn't have been more please. Plus, the music program cannot be beat!

Posted April 13, 2014
Jonathan Nessan is a wonderful and dedicated Principal. We have been a part of Briarcrest for 7 years and are so pleased with the school. They offer so much for the children, no only amazing academics but fun and family based events that everyone can enjoy. The school has a stellar ELL program and hosts evening English classes (free!) for community members. Their Birth to Briarcrest Program is a great community/school bonding opportunity and the children have a cheery and welcoming campus with numerous activities and programs to enjoy. The teachers are very skilled and compassionate! The PTA is a great group to get involved with, the WATCHDOG program is amazing too! We love Briarcrest!

Posted April 13, 2014
Briarcrest is an awesome school. My kids love it and I feel welcome on campus, the teachers are always happy to have parents visit the class, attend field trips or volunteer as a Watchdog. Principal Nessan is an excellent administrator but can also be seen playing 4 square on the playground with the kids. The adults in this school put their best efforts into their work and it shows!

Posted January 23, 2014
Only school in Shoreline School District that has Performing Arts for their students. K-2 have their own performance, then 3-4 and 5-6 has a big production. Principal Nessan is involved with the kids. He also communicates well with the parents and teachers. Parents can help out in the classroom and other areas of the school.

Posted August 12, 2013
Our daughter is entering third grade this year and so far we've been very happy with Briarcrest. Principle Nessan is terrific, and all of the teachers I've met are friendly and shown genuine interest in the kids.

Posted February 11, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for 4 years...we are sooooo sad that we are leaving. The programming is excellent, full of lots of choice. The teachers are caring and wonderful learning facilitators. My daughter is heart broken.

Posted October 24, 2012
We toured ten schools in both Seattle and Shoreline before selecting Briarcrest. We've been impressed with the quality of teachers, Principal Nessan's caring leadership, and the warm, welcoming "vibe" of the staff and parents. It's our third year at Briarcrest, and we're excited to send our son there for Kindergarten next year. Couldn't be more pleased with the school.

Briarcrest Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2012
I pulled my children from this school several years ago. Many of the teachers were excellent, but the few who weren't were exceptionally bad. We had a very poor experiences with the principal who was not honest with us and did not have our child's best interest at heart.

Posted November 28, 2011
Briarcrest is a school where kids are taught with care. My daughter has thrived in the positive enviornment created by both the teachers and the principal. Mr. Nessan, the principal, is welcoming and helps all of the students to feel welcomed. My daughter is quickly learning to read in the first grade under the guidance of her experienced and well trained teacher. Mrs. Schmidt and Mrs. Murphy have helped my daughter to develop a love of learning and reading. I highly recommend this school.

Briarcrest Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2010
I love Briarcrest Elementary because the teachers care, the kids learn, and the parents are encouraged to help in school and out!

Briarcrest Elementary School
2715 N.E. 158th St, Shoreline, WA  98155
Last modified Briarcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briarcrest Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top