Bad
Good

Ridgecrest has been a good solid school with dedicated families and students. Our child entered kindergarten and has really excelled here. He is now in the hi cap program but honestly both the traditional classrooms and hi cap are top notch. The principal sincerely cares about the students and families. We are so thankful that this is our neighborhood school.

Our family essentially moved from Australia in order for our son to attend Ridgecrest. As he is severely vision impaired our son was not receiving the services or resources essential to his education and growth and after much research, interviews and visiting schools in the Edmonds, Shoreline and Seattle School Districts we chose Ridgecrest Elementary in Shoreline as it offered all that we were looking for. My son and our family were genuinely welcomed, all information provided, the teachers and specialists were available to answer our barrage of questions, his evaluation was thoroughly completed and we were fully kept abreast of all ongoings and decisions. I cannot say how wonderful this school, its facilities, teachers, parents, students and atmosphere is like. It is a joy to take my son to school knowing he is happy, accepted and enjoys his time there and receiving all his education and services. The PTA is strong, support staff are beyond excellent and the school has a great sense of community and are a family. Our move to better our sons future was worth every cent, effort and moment.

I love Ridgecrest. I have a daughter with developmental delays and the Special Ed K/1st teacher is excellent. That and the whole school is just well run, professional, thoughtful, just great. My neighbor's daughter is in high capability there and she's also thrilled with the school. Highly recommend. Shoreline is kind of a boring suburb, but if you want good schools, move there, or Lake Forest Park, which are both in the Shoreline School District.

I went to this school back in the mid 80's. I had Mrs Randall, Mrs Ely, Mr Jepsen... Man I miss them so much!!! Out of all the schools I have ever attended, Ridgecrest is by far the best of them all!!! 25 years later, I still think about my time here!! I strongly recommend this school!!!

I live this school The parent involvement is amazing, there is a true sense of community! My son has exploded academically and socially since transferring to RC. My youngest will be going there fo K next year..I am very happy to know I will be spending much time at this awesoem scholl!

My Daughter is a 4th grader in Mr. Freemans class she has an IEP and in the past has not liked school, there was a lot of bullies in her other school and it was not dealt with. at this school she not only feels safe but accepted as well. The teacher let her decide what she wanted to use to help with her learning disabilities. She has made her feel important and never singles her out as was done in the past. I really like all of the staff. From the begining it was all about my child and making sure that she is getting her needs met. she has excelled this year from reading very young childrens books to reading charlotte's web. As a mom I can ot say enough good things, and thank you does not cover it.

We were new to ridgecrest this year but have been welcomed. My son has flourished here, had a great third grade teacher and has mastered many skills. I am so proud of him and so blessed that this school provides a place to learn safely and with excellence.

Last modified Ridgecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.