Posted June 14, 2014
We have two kids in Evergreen. We chose it despite great options closer to home because of the focus on social and emotional intelligence, the expansive campus, and the general sense of humility and warmth from faculty and staff. Truth be told, It didn't hurt that some very prominent families with unlimited choices made the same decision. As for areas for improvement, I do wish they had a high school offering and I have heard that the amount of homework could be increased (though the students seem very bright and well ahead of where I was as a young chap).

Posted January 27, 2014
Our son is in middle school at Evergreen and we have been very pleased with the new administrators and teachers at Evergreen. The direction that the school is taking currently builds on the strengths of the past and seeks to improve on any weaknesses - whether real or perceived. We are very pleased with the academics, as well as the social and emotional component at the school. The diversity challenges of the past within the parent community (not the school) seem to have improved dramatically within recent years. We highly recommend the Evergreen School for the highly capable student.

Posted May 08, 2013
My son has been at Evergreen since kindergarten, and I have to say that despite the many changes that have occurred in the last few years it has all been for the greater good. We now have a fantastic new school head, a wonderful new primary division head, new teachers that have replaced those who were ready to retire, and overall, a new, positive energy that translates to the kids. My son's intellectual growth has been stimulated, he is learning how to learn, how to ask questions, how to think critically, but as important, his social and emotional growth has been nurtured. I have to say, that with a couple of exceptions, the kids are kind, warm-hearted and accepting. I really think it's due to the emphasis placed on empathy and awareness of the many differences among families. If you want a school where kids are taught how to think and how to become good, solid people, Evergreen is the place.

Posted May 07, 2013
We're in our first year but are so pleased with the care and concern staff have shown towards our student and our family. We feel welcomed and we are confident our son is learning in a way that is fun and exciting. If you can swing it, this is an amazing school where children are loved and valued. If he can't be with me, this is the next best place for him.

Posted March 24, 2013
Our son has been at Evergreen for 2 years and our other son is about to enroll next year. All we can say is he has really blossomed there and they've brought out his talents to a really amazing level while keeping him grounded, emotionally and socially confident, and passionate about his unique interests. I can't say for sure that's all because of Evergreen but I can say he loves it there, we love his teachers, we love their campus, and his classmates are all brilliant yet friendly, sincere, and fun loving. I've gone to some very fancy schools back east in my day and wish I had gone to Evergreen. Highly Recommend this place!

The Evergreen School 4

Posted July 15, 2012
Global Study Program is one of the best activities school offers. My concern is that they go to the areas that have malaria. Nobody gets seriously sick usually and very high chances that it is a thrilling experience for students. Though most kids do go through abdominal problems once they are on the trip. Evergreen school might be ahead of other schools with globalization of student's experience, attention to what is going on in the world, self reflection and awareness. I just do not understand why to do this through exposure students to the dangers such malaria, enteroviruses and parasitic diseases. Mostly nobody knows much about the depths of all dangers of the Asian lands, nobody seems to want to think much about it. All preparation to the trip concentrates on what teachers know well, like teaching students about history, language and culture. Most parents are comfortable to sign their kids to go "to see more" since in the previous years it all went fine. Kids in some way are put in the situation to "follow the crowd" since all 8th grade goes. If you are uncomfortable letting your child go, the child will be in the position of white crow, an outcast.

The Evergreen School 2

Posted June 26, 2012
This has been a painfully disappointing finish for us. The other children and some of the math teachers are the last redeeming qualities. The school seems to have lost focus, become only moderately demanding, at best, and somewhat dropped the ball in communication. When our first child was there it was clearly a school for gifted children, but the staff doesn't seem to have kept up on their research. In two years our second child has done very little writing and has received no meaningful feedback on the little that has been assigned. The bright spot is an energetic math teacher who actually enjoys children. The PE program is a bit like Lord of the Flies. Parents of sensitive children should beware.

Posted May 17, 2012
We love everything about this school. Our daughter loves school and doesn't want to miss a moment of it. Excellent academics with wonderful attention to social emotional learning. This school successfully nurtures kindness and comraderie among kids. Fantastic, dedicated teachers and staff. Leadership of school is consistently excellent. Diversity is truly valued and celebrated here.

Posted May 14, 2012
As a student that attended Evergreen, I have to say it was one of the best experiences in my life. There is a huge emphasis on community and social-emotional development. The school, (when I first started in 2nd grade in 2005,) was incredible. Now however, the director of admissions has left, there is a new principal, and a lot of the best teachers are gone. I would definitely recommend Evergreen though. They also put a LARGE emphasis on saving the environment. Your child will become a very earth-friendly person. I must say, even thought tuition is through-the-roof. It is WELL worth it. And the technology? Incredible. Every student 4th-8th grade gets a high tech touch screen laptop. There are 5 technology specialists. And the school has solar panels. It is a very modern, earth friendly, expensive school; but it is INCREDIBLE. I would DEFINITELY send my child there.

Posted March 08, 2012
Best decision ever. Though it's only been one year since my son(2nd grade) joined the school, he wakes up every morning wanting to go to school and that speaks a lot for me about the school. Staff are excellent and very supportive. Sense of community is very strong with parents & staff and you feel very welcome & inclusive.

The Evergreen School
15201 Meridian Avenue North, Shoreline, WA  98133
Last modified The Evergreen School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Evergreen School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews.