Shoreline, WA

Posted April 06, 2014
St. Luke has a wonderful community of parents, kids and teachers. The parent involvement is tremendous and as is the case with most parochial schools, a requirement. I know my child won't "fall through the cracks" here, each child is seen as an important individual with infinite potential, it is a caring, and nurturing environment but also one that is demanding in respect for one another. The Children are taught to care for each other, for their community and to serve as stewards of the planet. It has one of the most impressive recycling programs I have ever seen. The principal knows the 350 kids by name as well as the parents, he knows the power of a kind word or encouragement and the positive effect it has on our children. Some of the teachers have served this community for decades and they continue to display an incredible passion for what they do.

Posted May 26, 2013
We have two children in St Luke and we've been there since 2005. It's a perfect fit if you want a school that requires accountability for both kids and parents, strong values, and a sense of real community. The teachers are able to take a real vested approach to each child since class sizes are no too big. The principal actually has children in the school, which is a bonus, and it shows. This is school and community (whether you are a parishioner or not) and we believe that it is absolutely preparing our boys for life.

St Luke School 2

Posted September 26, 2012
St. Luke used to be a wonderful school! The teachers were very nice, and I've really become more confident and comfortable throughout my 8 years here! When middle school hit, things started getting bad! Bullying became a pretty big problem, and it caused many of my friends to leave, and no one did anything about it! Some of the middle school teachers have caused great grief to some students, and some have even told students they couldn't teach them! Recently, they're having kids write everything in cursive, and the school is turning into an old, traditional Catholic school. I left the school after 7th grade, and my parents are pulling my sister out as well. I don't like how the school is run anymore, and even though I miss the school, I don't think I'd want to go back there unless things change soon!

Posted January 23, 2012
St. Luke has been a fantastic place for our three children. Our family has experienced every grade from preschool through 8th, and at each stage, the teaching was excellent. In particular, the junior high teachers are very experienced and really "get" the kids at that age, simultaneously challenging and nurturing kids through those tricky middle school years. We love the fact that at St. Luke, our kids are not only receiving an excellent education, but have the opportunity to do so much beyond the classroom: band, speech, chess, etc. In particular, all our kids have loved playing CYO sports, where they have learned sportsmanship, physical skill, and how to win and lose with grace. What we appreciate most about St. Luke is that, beyond top-notch academics and athletics, they are teaching our children to be good people. To share their gifts with others. To give back to the community. To help those less fortunate. To set a good example. To be a leader. This is what St. Luke does best. Overall, St. Luke School is a loving, welcoming community where students are exceedingly prepared for high school and beyond. I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Posted January 19, 2012
I have found this school to generate in my daughter a "love of learning". She is excited about school and feels successful. I am happy with the curriculum and also the emphasis on helping others (Philippines) Having switched from public to private we were worried about "cliques". This is one of the nicest parent groups that I've been around. The kids here are very nice and "inclusive" vs. exclusive. The energy from teachers, principal, office staff, parents and kids is upbeat and friendly.

Posted May 12, 2011
St Luke School has a close, family-like feel! They have fantastic, dedicated teachers and a caring staff that has always welcomed me and helped me feel at home when I walk into the school. The teachers utilize progressive teaching styles targeted to the individual needs and learning abilities of each of my three children. Students are encouraged and educated according to their abilities, not the average child in the classroom. My primary interest for my children was for them to gain a strong appreciation and love for learning, a foundation for understanding how to pursue their specific interests and most importantly, for them to blossom individually, with a strong sense of christian values and healthy self-esteem. St. Luke School has meet all three of these goals and has been an excellent choice for all three of my unique and individual children.

Posted March 18, 2011
St. Luke has been such a great experience for me. I have been there since Pre-School and I have grown up with my friends here. The teachers are so unique and fun! They know how to teach a student or how to get through to them when they're struggling. The new principal has been a delightful addition to the community. In this school, you will have the chance to get to know other families/parents/students/teachers, etc. You start to feel a strong sense of school pride after a while. Again, I practically grew up here. This school is amazing. It's like a second-home. St. Luke has been a joy to me and I cannot wait to spend one final year here in 8th grade.

Posted February 01, 2011
I have two kids at St Luke School and they love it!!! We recently moved and were new to the school this year. My kids felt very welcomed and comfortable - they fit right in and made friends right away. The St Luke community is also very welcoming to us as a family. I am very particular about my children's education and would wholeheartedly choose St Luke again. A few of the other reviews suggested that the school needs a new leader - well, the new principal started this year and he has brought so much wonderful, fresh energy to the school. The kids, staff, and parents are happy - it is a great place to be!

Posted February 01, 2011
I have a preschooler at St Luke, a program that they have focused a lot of time and energy into forming it into an awesome "Kindergarten Prep" program. In addition to music classes and library, they will be also adding PE classes - all this balanced with a fun pre-literacy curriculum. My daughter LOVES it - the kids are very friendly and the staff is wonderful. Since it is a values-based school, she also learns about responsibility and respect. It offers the ideal balance between fun and learning - exactly what this age needs!

St Luke School

Posted October 04, 2010
The student shows improvement through the structured curriculum. There seems to be enough 1:1 time for his weaknesses to be strengthened into positives while enjoying the work

St Luke School