St. Luke School

Private | PK-8 | 330 students

We are best known for multi-sensory learning program.

Living in Shoreline

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $259,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Sweep tile

Posted April 6, 2014

St. Luke has a wonderful community of parents, kids and teachers. The parent involvement is tremendous and as is the case with most parochial schools, a requirement. I know my child won't "fall through the cracks" here, each child is seen as an important individual with infinite potential, it is a caring, and nurturing environment but also one that is demanding in respect for one another. The Children are taught to care for each other, for their community and to serve as stewards of the planet. It has one of the most impressive recycling programs I have ever seen. The principal knows the 350 kids by name as well as the parents, he knows the power of a kind word or encouragement and the positive effect it has on our children. Some of the teachers have served this community for decades and they continue to display an incredible passion for what they do.

Posted May 26, 2013

We have two children in St Luke and we've been there since 2005. It's a perfect fit if you want a school that requires accountability for both kids and parents, strong values, and a sense of real community. The teachers are able to take a real vested approach to each child since class sizes are no too big. The principal actually has children in the school, which is a bonus, and it shows. This is school and community (whether you are a parishioner or not) and we believe that it is absolutely preparing our boys for life.

Posted September 26, 2012

St. Luke used to be a wonderful school! The teachers were very nice, and I've really become more confident and comfortable throughout my 8 years here! When middle school hit, things started getting bad! Bullying became a pretty big problem, and it caused many of my friends to leave, and no one did anything about it! Some of the middle school teachers have caused great grief to some students, and some have even told students they couldn't teach them! Recently, they're having kids write everything in cursive, and the school is turning into an old, traditional Catholic school. I left the school after 7th grade, and my parents are pulling my sister out as well. I don't like how the school is run anymore, and even though I miss the school, I don't think I'd want to go back there unless things change soon!

Posted January 23, 2012

St. Luke has been a fantastic place for our three children. Our family has experienced every grade from preschool through 8th, and at each stage, the teaching was excellent. In particular, the junior high teachers are very experienced and really "get" the kids at that age, simultaneously challenging and nurturing kids through those tricky middle school years. We love the fact that at St. Luke, our kids are not only receiving an excellent education, but have the opportunity to do so much beyond the classroom: band, speech, chess, etc. In particular, all our kids have loved playing CYO sports, where they have learned sportsmanship, physical skill, and how to win and lose with grace. What we appreciate most about St. Luke is that, beyond top-notch academics and athletics, they are teaching our children to be good people. To share their gifts with others. To give back to the community. To help those less fortunate. To set a good example. To be a leader. This is what St. Luke does best. Overall, St. Luke School is a loving, welcoming community where students are exceedingly prepared for high school and beyond. I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Posted January 19, 2012

I have found this school to generate in my daughter a "love of learning". She is excited about school and feels successful. I am happy with the curriculum and also the emphasis on helping others (Philippines) Having switched from public to private we were worried about "cliques". This is one of the nicest parent groups that I've been around. The kids here are very nice and "inclusive" vs. exclusive. The energy from teachers, principal, office staff, parents and kids is upbeat and friendly.

Posted May 12, 2011

St Luke School has a close, family-like feel! They have fantastic, dedicated teachers and a caring staff that has always welcomed me and helped me feel at home when I walk into the school. The teachers utilize progressive teaching styles targeted to the individual needs and learning abilities of each of my three children. Students are encouraged and educated according to their abilities, not the average child in the classroom. My primary interest for my children was for them to gain a strong appreciation and love for learning, a foundation for understanding how to pursue their specific interests and most importantly, for them to blossom individually, with a strong sense of christian values and healthy self-esteem. St. Luke School has meet all three of these goals and has been an excellent choice for all three of my unique and individual children.

Posted March 18, 2011

St. Luke has been such a great experience for me. I have been there since Pre-School and I have grown up with my friends here. The teachers are so unique and fun! They know how to teach a student or how to get through to them when they're struggling. The new principal has been a delightful addition to the community. In this school, you will have the chance to get to know other families/parents/students/teachers, etc. You start to feel a strong sense of school pride after a while. Again, I practically grew up here. This school is amazing. It's like a second-home. St. Luke has been a joy to me and I cannot wait to spend one final year here in 8th grade.

Posted February 1, 2011

I have two kids at St Luke School and they love it!!! We recently moved and were new to the school this year. My kids felt very welcomed and comfortable - they fit right in and made friends right away. The St Luke community is also very welcoming to us as a family. I am very particular about my children's education and would wholeheartedly choose St Luke again. A few of the other reviews suggested that the school needs a new leader - well, the new principal started this year and he has brought so much wonderful, fresh energy to the school. The kids, staff, and parents are happy - it is a great place to be!

Posted February 1, 2011

I have a preschooler at St Luke, a program that they have focused a lot of time and energy into forming it into an awesome "Kindergarten Prep" program. In addition to music classes and library, they will be also adding PE classes - all this balanced with a fun pre-literacy curriculum. My daughter LOVES it - the kids are very friendly and the staff is wonderful. Since it is a values-based school, she also learns about responsibility and respect. It offers the ideal balance between fun and learning - exactly what this age needs!

Posted October 4, 2010

The student shows improvement through the structured curriculum. There seems to be enough 1:1 time for his weaknesses to be strengthened into positives while enjoying the work

Posted December 17, 2009

Dr. Matthews and everyone there could give lessons on how to run a school to many other schools. The school is run incredibly well, very open and consistent. The faith - based nature of the school builds a community of future leaders that will have compassion and flourish. Our daughter is in first grade at St. Luke's and is so proud of her work and incredibly happy.

Posted November 26, 2009

Both my children attended St. Luke and have flourished both in high school and college. Both were in the MSL program and could have easily gone the other way. The teachers are caring and supportive of the parent with special needs child. The two principals I worked with, the past fellow and the present, Dr. Matthews have been wondeful and 'there for me' St. Luke is a wonderful school and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Posted November 5, 2009

St. Luke does a wonderful job at addressing each child's perosnal needs. My children have really flourished since starting here. The administration has been more than helpful in answering any questions that I have had. They are always available and have made me very comfortable when I have approached them. The teachers are so caring and are excellent in staying in close contact with parents. They foster in each child their full potential. I can't say enough about the excellent learning and personal growth our children have experienced at St. Luke.

Posted April 7, 2009

St. Luke school has been a very positive experience for my children. The teachers understand that children have different learning styles and they utilize multi-sensory learning in their teaching methods, so that all have the best chance to learn and feel positive about themselves. The teacher and parents of St. Luke are very involved and friendly and it makes it feel you are a part of a great community of people who care about you and you children. Those in our family who have already graduated from St. Luke have done extremely well in high school.

Posted March 26, 2009

St. Luke has been the perfect choice for our family. Our triplets have been attending the school for the past 4 years-since PreK. In addition, our eldest daughter attended many years back. The school community is incredibly cohesive and involved. We have been so pleased by the balance of nurturing & supportive teachers, strong academic curriculum and atmosphere of Christian values. We feel fortunate to be able to send our kids to such a excellent school.

Posted March 26, 2009

St Luke School has a small, family like feel. They have fantastic, dedicated teachers and a caring staff that has always welcomed when I walk into the school. The teachers utilize progressive teaching commethodologies targeted to the individual needs and learning styles of each child. Children are encouraged and educated according to their abilities not the average child in the classroom. There is a strong sense of community at St. Luke School and I cherish that recognition and closeness for my child. My primary interest for my daughter was for her to gain a strong appreciation for learning, a good foundation for understanding how to pursue her specific interests and most importantly, for her to blossom with a strong sense of christian values and a healthy self-esteem. St. Luke School has been an excellent choice for all three of these goals.

Posted March 26, 2009

I love St Luke School because of it's teachers. I have learned to love writing and can't wait to go to school everyday! I love writing stories and learning to craft my words. My teacher really cares about me and what I learn. I am so happy my parents send me to St. Luke's School.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 26, 2009

I have been a St Luke parent and Parishoner now for about 2 years and I could not be happier. My son went to PreK elsewhere, but the Kindergarten and 1st grade classes are spot on in integrating academic and socailization. This school is nurturing, fair, and academically strong. I beleive that St Luke's is a strong community that give the child a great education and a best odds for success.

Posted December 2, 2008

But this is a school i attend. if u are smart, but not athletic, you probably won't have friends. People in your grade will think of you as a nerd and just think it is okay to hurt you. I wouldn't recommend people to come here for this. Kids even do the utmost terrible things behind people's/teachers backs. I have gotten gotten hurt by trying to tell others what is right. There is too much to say but i would like to say that if you are like me you just don't have the same respect as other kids. worse than that, no friends. Terrible. They will tell you the most offensive things. I hope you understand there are more things they do to you. I hope you know what i mean. But the academics are above average. Great prep for high school. The only punishment.kids.get.are.bad.conduct.grades at school,which are very strict
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 13, 2006

Great Catholic Elementary School. Caring teachers, good, strong academic program. Strong Band program for both elementary and middle school, full cyo sports program. Before and after school care. Middle school offers electives and good high school prep program. Extremely high level of parent involvement. LD program for kids that need a little extra help.Integrated into regular classroom. Works very well with rest of student body, kids are acclimated to having others in the classroom with learning disabilities. New Principal in 2005/2006.

Asian 12% N/A

• Yearbook

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Christopher Sharp
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Seattle

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Blanchet High School