Posted August 22, 2013
We absolutely love CK8 and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The whole school goes camping twice a year, 3 night and 4 days in the Spring, and 1 night 2 days in the Fall. This alone was enough to sell me on the school, but it turns out there are so many more wonderful things about it. The kids are excited to be there. They are creative, curious, and smart. Because it's an alternative school, it seems that most of the families there are just a little different. This adds to the diversity of the school and the kids don't tend to exclude other kids based on them being different. It's a community school. Everyone gets to know each other and most of the kids know me by name. If you're worried that you don't have time for a community school, you should know that there is no pressure to be active. You don't have to log certain hours volunteering or anything like that. Because of the mixed age setting, the older kids are protective of and the younger kids admire the older kids. The art program is award winning, the foreign language teacher is phenomenal, and the after school music program has been fabulous. I could go on but am out of space.....

Posted August 22, 2013
Cascade is a small public school, dedicated to educating your child in ways they can actually learn. They have extensive art and science programs, monthly electives, market days and outdoor education in the form of all-school camp twice a year. It is run with community involvement meaning all the parents help out to make the curriculum happen. And parent volunteering can take any form from leading an elective class in your favorite hobby to website coordinator and every level of involvement in between. This school will not only teach your child how to read, write and draw, it will also teach them how to be part of a community.

Cascade K-8 Community School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
We've been at Cascade K-8 for 4 years and love the community! It's a very involved group of parents, staff and students all working to create some really great learning experiences for the kids. The focus really is on EXPERIENCING learning rather than opening a text book and completing worksheets. We love the small, close community, age mixing, project based curriculum, fall/spring camps, student self-assessments, art, science, and so much more!

Posted August 22, 2013
Cascade K-8 Community School has been the best school for my daughter. The community is amazing; the teachers are incredible; and we have had an excellent experience.

Posted August 22, 2013
Our experience with Cascade K8 has been over 6 years. Both of my boys are achieving high scores (4's) on the MSP every spring. However, more importantly, along with their regular academics the emphasis in Math and Science and Art and Technology are stellar. Project based learning supplements the general curriculum in a way that promotes long term acquisition of skills and a learning environment packed with opportunity. Parents are involved because they want to be and because all of the "extras" in the school wouldn't happen without their work. However, for the working parent, there are ample volunteer opportunities and ways to help with flexibility in time. No school is perfect, but, I am liking our experience and the positives well outweigh any negatives we have encountered!

Posted February 05, 2013
Both my girls go to Cascade. My oldest in Journey and my youngest in Kinder. I would not have them attend anywhere else! We love the teachers and community.

Posted February 02, 2012
I went to Room Nine for middle school (6/7/8) I was toally prepared to go to high school. I'm currently taking honors classes and doing well. I think the person who said Room Nine didn't prepapre them for high school must not have been a very motivated student. During the time I was there, my interest and competence in science and math improved substantially.

Posted February 02, 2012
great middle school program with s.t.e.a.m. focus. only k-8 in shoreline. caring teachers, active community.

Posted February 02, 2012
The new program manager (principal) at Room Nine is doing a fantastic job of creating a dynamic program for the kids. Implementing STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) has meant that my 6th grader is working on project-based, team learning with applications to the real world. It feels like high school at the Middle School level. I couldn't be more pleased!

Posted February 01, 2012
We love Room Nine Community K-8 school. It's Shoreline's only K-8 and has allowed my kids to avoid going to middle school, because let's face it, whoever thought *that* was a good idea has a screw loose. This school focuses on experiential and outdoor learning and the middle school prgram has a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) focus. This school really is the unknown treasure of the Shoreline Schol District, and as such, the district ought to be ashamed of not supporting it more.

Cascade K-8 Community School
17077 Meridian Ave North, Shoreline, WA  98133
Last modified Cascade K-8 Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cascade K-8 Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top