PK-1, 3, 5-8
Shoreline, WA

Posted January 20, 2015
As a child I had the opportunity to study both in a holistic school, and at a factory school. As a parent I am glad we found a holistic school for our 3 and 5 year old. They have been attending the school for 2+ years and not once have they said that they don t want to go to school. When I drop them off, it is a happy sight of two little girls skipping and hoping their way from parking lot to class room. With low student to teacher ratio they get the attention needed to encourage them to see learning as a joyful experience. School emphasizes on the child as a holistic human being who will grow up to be aware of other people s realities and not just their own. One way to think of Education for Life approach that this school follows is; Montessori + Child as a kind and centered human being. Yes, the little ones do Yoga, and learn to sing (French version of Frosty the Snow Man is quite entertaining) among other things. The school is run by a spiritual community but it is not a religious school. It has kids from families representing many religions, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu and others. You will also meet many open minded parents who will welcome you into their social life.

Posted January 03, 2015
Our 3 & 5 year olds are attending for their 2nd year. I feel the school is an undiscovered gem, deserving of a waiting list! There is nothing else like it in WA State, let alone Shoreline. The teachers teach to the natural passions of the students, providing academic structure and guidance while leaving room for magic and wonder. The way grades are grouped, younger students learn from older students and vice verse. The typical rows of desks facing a chalkboard is turned on it's head with multiple learning stations occurring simultaneously. At first it was not clear how having such an emphasis on nature, art, basic meditation skills and yoga so early on would lay a foundation for academics excellence, but with random visits during the school day we have seen how the sometimes lofty sounding philosophy of "education for life" has a tangible brilliance. What a difference it makes when the motivation comes from within! Remarkably our children are becoming more calm, rational and learned, digging into homework assignments, memorizing and reciting entire poems, singing in french... we have noticed some wonderful changes in our children since attending Living Wisdom School.

Posted March 19, 2014
An absolutely wonderful holistic school. Finally a school that(REALLY DOES put the kids first (instead of just saying they put the kids first in order to gain advertising appeal). This is a small community of kind and friendly families and teachers that enjoy their job teaching and knowing each of the children on a very individualized and personal basis. Its a real blessing to have found LWS. Never before has our son been so highly motivated to go to school each day, stay extra after school, and like doing homework! There is no battle at all after he started at LWS. And this isn't the first time he was at a private school. He was at a "child centered" school prior to LWS, and - trust me - the results were no where close to the same. NOW (not before) he is super stoked about learning.

Living Wisdom School of Seattle 1

Posted April 24, 2013
I once wrote an excellent review of this school and am so happy it was never posted. Our son has been dealing with issues of being bullied on and off and the response from the teacher and the director is that he brings it on himself and suggested we try to be positive and wait it out till the end of the school year. So much for helping children learn how to be in community harmoniously and taking adult responsibility vs. blaming the kids!

Posted June 02, 2010
I have a son in first grade here. He is reading above his level, and has a passion for math. His teachers noticed this and have challenged him one on one to the point that he is now doing some fourth and fifth grade math and loving it! This school is unique in that they work with each child at their level, and challenge them in fun ways to grow. My son has thrived academically here. But this school is more than just academics. He has practiced yoga and meditation there since preschool and is a calm, happy child because of it. He has learned how to effectively channel his emotions, to feel confident in his strengths, and how to take joy in helping others succeed. I think this place is the best kept secret in Seattle area schools.

Posted March 02, 2010
My child has been at living wisdom school for 2 years now and I couldn't be happier with the program. She is a very bright child and was struggling in her public school setting to the point where she was falling behind academically. She was very frustrated and overwhelmed. I have seen dramatic changes both in her academics and overall outlook as a student since the move. She is up to grade level in all subjects now thanks to the one on one academic planning and the teachers ability to work with each students strengths. She is now truly excited about learning! I highly recommend this program.

Living Wisdom School of Seattle 1

Posted December 01, 2009
If you are considering this school for a child grade 3 and above take a close look at the academics and work of the other students which is far below other schools' academic standards and benchmarks. Our daughter has dropped 2+ grade levels in her reading and math in just one year at the school and is not studying any other academic subjects in depth (ex: history, science, language). We hope to move her to a new program after this year. The school's response to this drop in achievement is that Living Wisdom does not follow an academic curriculum. If you are looking for a wonderful supportive daycare with many field trips, meditation, and prayer than this is a great match, but if you are looking for a school that will support your child's academic development this is not a strong program.

Posted July 06, 2009
My daughter loves attending Living Wisdom. She loves to show off her yoga moves and joyful songs that she has learned. There is a strong sense of community and a focus on nature. She has grown so much in the last year and 1/2 that she has attended. I highly recommend it!

Posted July 03, 2009
Living Wisdom School balances both academics and emotional development. This was my daughter's first experience away from home and in a school setting. The teachers were so loving and took time to make my child feel comfortable and welcome in the classroom. Not only does this school offer academics with enriching music classes and art, but they teach children the skills of how to be compassionate and loving. When I leave my child I know she is in very capable hands and I feel she is getting the best preschool experience possible. She has a huge smile on her face when I pick her up. She talks about her teachers constantly. I'm so impressed that a school could make such a positive impact. I love the small, intimate

Posted June 19, 2009
My child not only received personal attention around her academic learning but also developed socially. She has matured so much and has become a person who takes responsibility for her work and her actions. She has become a gentle leader in her community of friends. I just love the living wisdom program.

Living Wisdom School of Seattle
2000 NE Perkins Way, Shoreline, WA  98155
Last modified Living Wisdom School of Seattle is a Private school that serves grades PK-1, 3, 5-8
Living Wisdom School of Seattle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top