Silverdale, WA
Students enrolled: 1,279

Central Kitsap High School 0

Posted November 06, 2010
CKHS does an absolutely BRILLIANT job of preparing our children for their future. The staff is magnificient.

Central Kitsap High School 0

Posted June 06, 2009
We enrolled our daughter in Central Kitsap High School this past fall. She loves it there. She should be going to North kitsap High. Our daughter loves it at CKHS and is doing extremely well. The teachers are great except for the fact that they seem to favor the students who came from Central Kitsap Junior High. Our daughter with many others, came from Ridgetop Junior High. We doubt that one junior high is better than the other. All are good schools. Thanks CKHS for making an impression on our daughter.

Central Kitsap High School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
The posting on Feb 20, 2008 is quite accurate. I too had a high achiever and one facing more academic challenges at CKHS. The high achiever flew through but there have been few to no options for the average to low average ability child. Math has been a nightmare. Group learning, no classes for those not bound for college. Overall, I would say the school principal and staff have been responsive and invested. The classes offered are abysmal for the non college bound student.

Posted September 02, 2008
I have a son with average grades. I specifically told his counselor that I wanted him to improve his grades & asked if they had any helpful classes that can lead him onto the right track. She told me that the school does everything they can & that if my son does great in regular classes he could soon take AP courses. I was taken back because my son averages D's or C's and there's no way she just suggested he would be able to take AP courses soon. My daughter who is an AP student is on her way to graduating with honors and I'm glad that the school puts so much effort on their AP courses but what about the students who are *average* Are there no classes to help these students? I'm a concerned & proud parent but I would like the school to focus on helping underachievers.

Posted August 10, 2008

Central Kitsap High School 1

Posted June 13, 2008

Central Kitsap High School 3

Posted February 20, 2008
There are some fine things about this school, which are also its downfall. CK focuses on the Advanced Placement program. If your student is in this category, he/she may do very well. If he/she not an AP student, but just average, he/she will be relegated to Sweathog status, and the school doesn't give a damn about these kids. I say this as a parent of 2 AP students and 2 average ones.... The advanced ones are challenged and are succeeding. The others can't seem to find traction anywhere. The Math program in this school is Disastrous The teachers don't teach anything. Kids are peer taught in small groups and their success is determined by the smartest kid in their group. Progress Reports show that class averages are consistently F. This school is mostly focused on WASL scores and not on education. They teach mainly to the test.

Posted December 03, 2007

Central Kitsap High School 5

Posted October 15, 2007
This school is top notch great staff teachers and administrators their ap program is amazing best in the area.

Central Kitsap High School 5

Posted October 13, 2006
Wow! The staff is on top of everything here. The school counselor that my daughter has is so knowledgeable and is available 24/7. The teachers are outstanding. The national scores speak for themselves. Top 2 percent in nation. The sports program is outstanding. I can't say enough good things about this school. I am glad to be part of such an awesome school.

Central Kitsap High School
3700 NW Anderson Hill Rd, Silverdale, WA  98383
Last modified Central Kitsap High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Kitsap High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top