Silverdale, WA

Emerald Heights Elementary School 3

Posted May 31, 2015
In CKSD, this is a good school. Keep in mind, the 9 rating is test scores, and EH is where the 'gifted' magnet program resides. It makes all the difference in the score, but it will not affect your personal experience unless your child is in the gifted program. Don't be fooled. There is very little community spirit at this school. The PTA is anemic, and mostly teacher run. The art teacher retired and was not replaced. Communication from school to parents is awful. There is an old outdated website, pta website, fb for both, and still there was a robotics club that was never advertised so parents could sign their kids up. We all heard about it afterwards and were completely shocked, and I'm a parent that tries to be involved. They posted posters in the school for it. How many 1st graders are planning their own after school activities? Posters work for high school, not elementary. When parents have tried to start new clubs at EH their ideas have been immediately rejected by the principal before it could even be proposed to the PTA. And they wonder why the PTA has so little parent participation. CKSD also has a habit of over filling this school with kids that live outside this school's boundaries and even outside CKSD boundary(you can apply to transfer to another school in WA), but then they bus the 'extra' kids to the neighbor school, Silver Ridge, and YES even kids that actually live within EH school boundary! I pay a premium rent to live in this neighborhood and then they tell me they might bus my kid down the hill for the year! I have noticed that EH teachers are happy and they collaborate well and are good at what they do. there is no obvious teacher drama at this school. If your kid has the test scores for the gifted program, you will be happy, but do call and check on it before you commit to EH. The requirements are high compared to other school systems in the U.S. If you do not need the gifted magnet program, its worth looking at Brownsville (amazing principal! Amazing PTA!) And Silverdale ES. There's a Montessori program at Hawk ES (public school). There are a few duds in CKSD, so do your research. Overall the WA curriculum leaves much to be desired at the ES level. Our previous school system was one of the top so we've had to adjust our expectations, but CKSD is a step up from Hawaii schools, I hear. Emerald Heights is really a 7 or 8 rating, IMHO.

Emerald Heights Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2011
I really like how attentive the teachers are, while not being too intrusive or overbearing. There's a good balance of involvement and letting the children figure challenges out on their own. The after school reading tutoring really helped my son.

Posted June 10, 2011
We've moved lots being in the military and have never been so amazed! Phenomenal staff, teachers and principal. So involved and know kids by name. Not overly strict as to intimidate kids. The principal and teachers are willing to talk problems out and teach by example and with respect, as opposed to the overly strict power struggle type you sometimes get in administration. The Venture gifted program is incredible...nothing like it out there anywhere else that we've been. Also, wonderful special ed administration - very helpful. Best school we've seen, hands down!

Posted March 18, 2011
We moved our 2 kids from North Kitsap to here & have never regretted it. Fantastic school. Teachers are superb, always going the extra mile & work very hard with ALL the children. Academics are above par and staff works to really be involved with students & families. Super warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere all around.

Emerald Heights Elementary School

Posted April 08, 2009
We love this school! The students, teachers, and staff all have a very positive attitude and value education highly. The teachers are excellent. We also love the wide variety of extra curricular activities.

Posted September 18, 2006
As a parent of a 2nd grader at Emerald Heights, I would just like to say that i am very pleased with the overall interaction that the teachers,staff and parents have with our students! The personal help our students receive really help them excel. Not to mention the excellent art program and teacher at Emerald Heights too! I plan to have my child here until Junior High.

Posted October 03, 2005
My son goes to Brownsville and he loves it. The teachers and office staff are always positve and helpfull. Everyone seams to go above and beond. The academic programs are great. We are new to this area and im so glad my son is going to Brownsville. The school has a warm feeling of home and community.

Posted May 14, 2004
Wow I went to this school in 1995-1996 when I was in Kindergarden and 1st grade. It was the best experience I had in an Elementary school. The teachers where very supportive and my mom was always welcomed to help out at school. I am now in Middle School and I am glad that I attended this excellent school.

Posted May 13, 2003
My four children attended this Elementary school. Parent involvement was amazing. The teachers were friendly and approachable. The classrooms are open and free flowing. This is a safe place for children, with an emphasis on learning not only cirriculum, but character.

Emerald Heights Elementary School
NW Pinnacle Ct, Silverdale, WA  98383
Last modified Emerald Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerald Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top