Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I had just moved into Washington last summer and it was hard saying good bye to all of my friends from Japan. But one the first day of school I had already made new friends. I had to ride the bus to school and I saw a girl standing at my bus stop. She was so friendly because she introduced herself and then got me a seat when I didn't know where to sit on the bus. On the bus I made SO many new friends and I'm glad I did. The teachers at the Ridge are nice and funny. When I first came here I never thought I would make new friends because I was still holding on to my friends I had before. But the friends I made here made me feel welcomed and I'm really glad I got to go to this school.

Everyone always said that Middle School is where you find out who your real friends are and now i know that most of my 'friends' were fakes, smiling and nodding just so they have an ally throughout elementary. Now i not only face entering a brand new school with hundreds of strangers but i'm only left with a small amount of friendly faces that I can look forward to seeing. I excel in school only because i'm afraid of what the teachers would do if i failed. I'm afraid what people will think and that's not the type of environment i want to be put into. I know many people have these same problems but some people have it worse then others. Two of my best friends go to Fairview and we rarely get to see each other. If i had a choice, I would go to Fairview, not just to be with my friends but to escape from. what feels like a prison. I want to leave behind all the nasty looks from other students when I walk into class, or lunch. I want to leave behind this image these people think I am; not a smart, quiet girl, but an anti-social, strange nerd. The only reason i remain at this wretched school is because of things like these. These comments from people saying how wonderful this school is. Many after school activities? I've only heard of two, chess club and garden club. Wonderful teachers? I've only seen a couple. Respectful teachers and students? I can't even see a few when I close my eyes. This place to me is more of a torture chamber then a school. The worst thing is that this isn't just one time thing that I have to face. It might be one school year but one school year is 180 days. 7 hours every day. 7 different periods with a different set of students every day plus the 400-500 other students and staff members at the school. They say the teachers are there to not just educate us but grow us as people. I feel like I have only shrunk. There are going to be bullies and mean teachers at every school. There is always going to be people who are rude to you and people who give you bad looks but for the sake of your child and your own safety... if your child ever wants to change schools because they say they are having a hard time with the teachers and students, I think its a safe bet that you can risk a couple minutes to make your child feel better for that 180 days. That 7 hours a day. That whole school year. Because a lot can change in just one year.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some students are athletes or have extra curriculum activities and having to worry about all these things can be very stressful for students.

I would rate the school a two out of five because of it's harsh environment and extremely high standards. Eighth and ninth-graders are extremely disrespectful to the seventh graders and the teachers do very little to slow down the bullying. This school is very overrated. In conclusion, this is an inhospitable environment. To add on to all this injustice and hostility, the school contains an unquestionable hierarchy just below a gang. This school could improve by making it's teachers more involved with the affairs of the students.

I love this school! this school has been my home for 3 years, yes i have been going to Ridgetop for all three years. i love this school. It has great teachers, good sprits and an all around good school. i love Ridgetop

I really do not like this school, the people are unfriendly. I guess it's more of the district, or the state. Because, I really don't know why.. but I just absolutely hate.. yes HATE this school.

Fellow students are kind for as far a teenage kindness goes, and I have had no trouble making close friends quickly. A good variety of elective classes are given and the before and after school activities presented are endless. The school recognizes students who go above and beyond, and the teachers and staff do their very best to help and encourage those who are struggling. The teachers are open for students to talk and ask questions as much as they possibly can be. Parent involvement is great and teachers send home family letters and progress reports very often. The school makes it mandatory to buy a school planner and teachers always ask you to write in them and will ask to check them if they suspect you are not using it. The sports program is wonderful, and the coaches do grade checks regularly and if the student's grades are unacceptable, they are removed from the program until their grades come back up. The advanced humanities program, Humanities In Depth (HID) is amazing. I am in HID myself and the teachers are wonderful and give plenty of opportunities for partner and group work. Overall, this is a wonderful school and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

I am currently attending the middle school. The academic programs offered at Ridgetop are amazing. Each teacher I have ever received has been focused solemnly on my education and understanding of the material. They always offer different available opportunities for students to have a higher understanding. I have never had a teacher that is not willing to move the extra mile to aid a student. Extracurricular activities offered are excellent as well. There is a club or sport accessible to every attending student at the school. All students are capable of becoming a member of most sports or clubs. Parent involvement is highly supported by staff as well as students. There are many volunteer opportunities that are available to parents. Ridgetop Jr High is an awesome school filled with dedicated teachers, willing students and great staff.

Ridgetop's teachers are very qualified. In fact we chose our new home so that our kids could go there for the teachers. We wish that we could get a new principal.The lead secretary however is so friendly and really does her best to be there for you. The sports programs are awesome. The band teacher is awesome. Level of parental involvement has always seemed low to me in regards to pta but in other areas is very high. Standing room only at concerts and sports events, as well as open houses. Overall good school.

Last modified Ridgetop Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.