Posted December 28, 2014
The principal, staff, and teaching staff have been really great. They keeps parents involved and the information flowing. I am happy with the amount of homework and interactive additions provided. Recess is still observed daily. Also, the electives such as P.E., art, and music are taught respectively and appropriate for the age group. I really have had a good experience for the second year in the row. Military note: Bus available to before- and after-school care provided by nearby NBK Bangor base "Litehouse".

Cougar Valley Elementary School 2

Posted September 21, 2013
My daughter attended Cougar Valley for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. We have since moved to Virginia and the difference is staggering. She was at least a year behind and her math scores, in particular, were very low, even though she was a steady average at Cougar Valley. The teachers here raised red flags that I doubt teachers at Cougar Valley noticed at all. Though the staff was nice, it's a mediocre staff at best and I regret sending my daughter there.

Posted December 06, 2012
Cougar Valley Elementary Teachers and Staff are wonderful! They encourage parent involvment as well as implementing the required standards for education in their classrooms. Their communication is wonderful with Parents and I look forward to several more years of exciting school events, parent involvment and a wonderful PTA Board!

Cougar Valley Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2012
This school is terrible. My son started Kindergarten here. This was my first child to attend school and they cared nothing about helping us feel comfortable as a family. My son was bullied on the bus within two days of the start of the school year. Nothing was done. He wasn't eating his lunch at school and when I called over and over again to ask what I could do (since they were doing nothing) I would hear things like, "Write him a note." "They only have 20 minutes and kids like to talk..." My son would come home hungry and completely worn out from iut. The teacher was very rude... The principle was the only male on the staff. We pulled him out within a week and homeschooled till we moved away from the area. They can't even afford to give kids proper homework and ask the parents to PRINT it out at home........ ??? Terrible school. I would suggest families request another in the area.

Posted October 22, 2010
I think that the teachers at this school are some of the most caring, wonderful, and brightest people I've ever met. We've spent time at other schools being in the military and we've never had problems with the other schools. But coming here we were blown away at how much more the kids learned here. The teachers really reach out to each individual student and challenge them to grow intellectually. We moved to this school district in the middle of the school year and the leaps and bounds that they progressed from the beginning of the year just blew our minds. Our favorite teacher was Ms Lisa in kindergarten. She is wonderful and I think if you looked up kindergarten teacher in the dictionary you would find her picture. I've never met anyone with more kindness and patience than her. Everyone at the school is great though!

Posted February 02, 2009

Cougar Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2008

Posted July 29, 2008
Cougar valley is a wonderful elementary school. They are very hands on with there learning and have a real love for what they do.

Posted December 02, 2007
a great school with tons ways have fun and learn new things.

Posted August 22, 2007
- a former student

Cougar Valley Elementary School
13200 Olympic View Rd NW, Silverdale, WA  98383
Last modified Cougar Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cougar Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top