Bad
Good

I really have some ups and downs with certain things or inncidents that have happened. I have ask for the couselor to see my child individually and was told that service is not available. I also do not like the discipline actions that have belittled my daughter,made her feel like an outsider seperated from the others might as well put a dunce hat on her... the office staff are great except for one thing and thats the gossip I witnessed.

I am impressed with the leadership of this school. She does an excellent job in responding to concerns and being open and approachable to parents and students alike. Her leadership is one the reasons my children are at this school. Office staff have always been competent, professionally and friendly. The small size of this school is nice. As a volunteer I have always felt truly appreciated and though the school does have a strong volunteer base it could use more. As far as teachers they range from amazing to adequate and a couple of teachers, for whatever reasons, have been moved on. Additionally this school has started a public Montessori program. How rare is that? It's wonderful for my children to have a choice between a traditional classroom and a Montessori classroom. Choice is one of the biggest pluses I can say about Monroe School District as a whole. All schools aren't perfect and a couple of caveats of this school are lack of diversity and it sometimes feels a bit clique. My children are doing well at this school. We have a waiver from another district to attend here and are very grateful for this school.

I feel the leaders don't do much to take actions against certain issues and problems that happen at the school. Office staff at times feel of gossip and small town bias. Don't appreciate parent volunteers sincerely only on the outside. I know that is why I switched schools and so many others as well.

Maltby is an outstanding school. The Principle Robin Fitch is excellent. My son has attended Maltby since Kindergarten, he's now in 5th grade, my two daughter are in kindergarden and 2nd grade and they all love the school.

Last modified Maltby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.