Snohomish, WA

Maltby Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2013
I really have some ups and downs with certain things or inncidents that have happened. I have ask for the couselor to see my child individually and was told that service is not available. I also do not like the discipline actions that have belittled my daughter,made her feel like an outsider seperated from the others might as well put a dunce hat on her... the office staff are great except for one thing and thats the gossip I witnessed.

Posted December 07, 2012
I am impressed with the leadership of this school. She does an excellent job in responding to concerns and being open and approachable to parents and students alike. Her leadership is one the reasons my children are at this school. Office staff have always been competent, professionally and friendly. The small size of this school is nice. As a volunteer I have always felt truly appreciated and though the school does have a strong volunteer base it could use more. As far as teachers they range from amazing to adequate and a couple of teachers, for whatever reasons, have been moved on. Additionally this school has started a public Montessori program. How rare is that? It's wonderful for my children to have a choice between a traditional classroom and a Montessori classroom. Choice is one of the biggest pluses I can say about Monroe School District as a whole. All schools aren't perfect and a couple of caveats of this school are lack of diversity and it sometimes feels a bit clique. My children are doing well at this school. We have a waiver from another district to attend here and are very grateful for this school.

Maltby Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2012
I feel the leaders don't do much to take actions against certain issues and problems that happen at the school. Office staff at times feel of gossip and small town bias. Don't appreciate parent volunteers sincerely only on the outside. I know that is why I switched schools and so many others as well.

Posted April 06, 2007
Maltby is an outstanding school. The Principle Robin Fitch is excellent. My son has attended Maltby since Kindergarten, he's now in 5th grade, my two daughter are in kindergarden and 2nd grade and they all love the school.

Posted April 29, 2006
Love this school. Be prepared if your child in to participate in the excel program that 2-5 graders are all shipped to a different school within the district. I didn't know that as i bought my house in large part because of this school and it's wonderful principal, robin fitch. I currently have a 1st grader enrolled and he has done extremely well and any issues have been addressed immediately and resolved satisfactorily. Remodelling completed this year '06 and students love their new environment. Computer lab is awesome. Music instruction awesome. Parent involvement is out of this world! '06 the pto raised over $40,000 for our school during one event, an auction, and that will be used to make the school even better through supplemental educational materials, field trips, etc... I am blessed to find myself among such a wonderful, giving community.

Posted July 24, 2005

Posted September 06, 2004

Maltby Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2003

Maltby Elementary School
9700 212th St SE, Snohomish, WA  98296
Last modified Maltby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maltby Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top