Bad
Good

Cathcart Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2014
Cathcart is a wonderful place for elementary children to grow and learn academically as well as socially. The teachers, office staff, lunch and custodial staff all ooze care and concern for the students at Cathcart. My husband and I currently have two children in this school and can only say great things about it. The principal is top notch. Not only does he possess great leadership qualities to move the school higher in goals, but he also has his priorities right when it comes to being a part of the students' lives. I wish my two older children would have had the opportunity to be Cathcart students. The community of parents who volunteer in so many different aspects is a definite plus as well. I am on campus every day, and every day, there are parents volunteering in one aspect or another. This parent involvement makes our school feel like our family.

Posted January 27, 2014
We moved here almost 2 years ago and absolutely love the school and the community. The teachers are very friendly and have really helped my daughter become a much better reader. The office staff is really friendly and helpful also!

Posted May 30, 2013
I have volunteered here for the past 3 years. I find the staff efficient and caring of the children. The children enjoy learning in the class that I participate with and spend their time productively. Kudos to the teacher and certified employees who work directly with the students.

Posted October 07, 2009
Now here is a school that could use some help. It has a great group of people who have stepped up to the plate in light of an aging school and limited resources.

Cathcart Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2009
Pushing the one star on this school. Being someone who has experienced a 'good' school. This school lacks ALOT. The district in which it is in is not a good one as well. Also being a parent from a better school district. They are not competent in what they do. If you have a child I would not send them to this school or school district. Yes there are some great people who work there and try to do their best but all in all I do not recommend this school.

Cathcart Elementary School 3

Posted September 20, 2007
sadly to say i think that last year could have been one of the worst years to have your children attend snohomish elementary schools, i feel that alot of the teachers responsibilities were pushed away from the children that were there ready to learn and were more focused on the 'new' schools being built. i hope that this year now that the elementary school is built maybe all the other early elementary children wont suffer as mine did.

Posted August 05, 2007
We've never been happy with the principal. She dismisses problems, and makes you feel like an overreacting parent. The atmosphere has always been great. The kids learn a lot, there are such a great network of parents ready to get involved. The staff is mostly great. A really good group of kids. I don't like the grading system (1-4), but that I believe is district wide. The grades are so subjective from teacher to teacher that it's really hard to guage where your child is at, and how much progress they are making. I'm afraid it's going to allow children to slip through the cracks.

Cathcart Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2007
Sadly, I can't say that I love this school. I feel my child has made progress and is at grade level but there have been some great concerns with some staff. Overall, I feel most of the staff is excellent and my child does enjoy attending this school. It is clean and the children seem to have school pride. Bottom line, academically this school has been fine, but the road to success has been bumpy.

Cathcart Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2007
My daughter's teacher has taught her to read and they are practicing division.She is really excelling. But the down side is we have had nothing but problems since the begining. We have reported it all and still nothing has been done. So is this really a great school?

Posted February 11, 2007
What a great elementary school. The Principal is amazing! What a depth of knowledge, great care and understanding. Really supports the kids and the school.

8201 188th St SE, Snohomish, WA  98296
Last modified Cathcart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cathcart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top