Snohomish, WA

Posted April 21, 2013
Frankly, I am shocked to read the negative reviews. My older son attended Emerson and I found it to be a wonderful place! We loved every teacher he had (and they loved him right back.) I have found the principal to be approachable and supportive, and the kids really like him. I agree with the person who pointed out that most people who don't want their kids there are uncomfortable with the lower socioeconomic population. I stand by Emerson and am happily sending another of my children there next year.

Posted August 25, 2011
This school is great! The principle is wonderful! The Teachers my son has had, have gone above and beyond what they need to do! They have taken time out of their lives to help him. And most importantly My son WANTS to go to school everyday. He has excelled since being there! I couldn't ask for a better school! If only all schools had educators like these!

Posted August 01, 2011
Counselors, Nurses, aids and principal all do not attend to the children s needs. The staff cannot be trusted nor do they *really* care about what is going on. Several things took place involving my child & other children and all were handled horribly & I was blown off by several staff members. They want parents to shut up and get over things quickly. I agree w/ a previous poster that the bulling here is also very bad & not handled how it should be. Staff is unprofessional & should all be re-evaluated. Ran into an old teacher from another school & shared my experiences and was told yes, this school has many-many problems and that a lot (a lot!) of parents pull their kids out of it & that the staff is also treated unfair behind the scenes so that they in-turn are unhappy and do not do well in their jobs. I am by-far not a dramatic parent & am fair on each situation and everything I had to deal with at Emerson was horrible. My child will not be returning. Their testing grades are also very very low in the district. This school seriously needs an overhaul.

Posted November 10, 2010
It is amazing that people can say whatever they want without repercussions. Emerson is a great school, with great families and staff. Most families that seem to have an issue with Emerson are people that don't want their children around children from lower socioeconomic households. The principal cares for the students at Emerson more than any other principal I have met, and he supports input from students and their families.

Posted September 15, 2010
This is the worst school i have ever had my kids in, the bulling by students is horriable, the And where did the principal get his diploma. I will never put my kids back in Emerson

Posted July 29, 2010
The school lunches are not cooked to full degree, good way to get a parasite. The pizza dough is very runny. I was going to put a note on the principlel's desk saying I was being bullied to the point of mental damage, and this voice was like saying: Don't do it... Dont do it... Don't do it... Now I know I would have gotten in trouble. But on the upside I said: NO MORE EMERSON! and started going to NCA for 6th grade. The best school ever. But at Emerson 5th graders said the 2 worst curse word all the time. And I have learned so much bad stuff there that I know most of the world, now.

Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Great school in a little city. Public school in a family environment.

Posted September 25, 2009
The principal at this school hides problems like bullying, then barely punishes and harbors the bad students. Worst of all he bullies the kids who stand up and tell the truth into not coming forward. If I had to do it again, I would not send my children to this school. I do not feel safe leaving them there in the care of people who will not help them.

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter is a student at emerson school I was so much concern after reading some reviews here but I am glad that I send my daughter to this shool. It is amazing teacher is Great my daughter is so happy here.

Emerson Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2007
We relocated from [another] School District at the beginning of this school year. My son has struggled with writing and reading since he was in the first grade. I had fought with the [other] School District sine he was in the first grade to find out what was wrong with him if anything. Seven months into this school year Emerson Elementary has done more than what [the other] did in 6 years. They are awesome. We know know that my son does not have a learning disability and what areas he needs to work on to improve. I am so glad that we moved to Snohomish.

Emerson Elementary School
1103 Pine St, Snohomish, WA  98290
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top