Snohomish, WA

Machias Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2015
I would not recommend sending your child here. The only thing I like about this school is how it looks, it is newer and has a nice appearance. Other than that I don't like this school at all. My child has went here for 6 years. Basically the staff only cares about how they are affected by your child's scores on tests, they don't care about the actual child and your child succeeding. They claim that bullying is taken seriously, yet my child and all of their friends have told me how no one does anything about bullying, they pretty much say there is nothing they can do about it..... Do not expect the teachers here to go above and beyond or work any harder than they have to. The all day kindergarten teacher here is very mean and should not be a kindergarten teacher.... I haven't seen any teachers here that "actually care" about the kids. They are just their for a paycheck in my opinion. Wish I could give a better review, I am going to look for a better school for my kids for the 2015/2016 school year, I can't stand this school any longer.

Machias Elementary School

Posted May 04, 2010
They understand that not all children learn the same.

Machias Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2009
I have a son who just completed the 5th grade this year and had Ms. Mills as a teacher. It was our first year there, coming from LWSD and even though it was quite the change, they made it a very easy one. My son teacher doesn't believe in homework which every kid loves and overall I felt she was stern but fair. The school is acient, but is in the process of being torn down and rebuilt to something more appealing. Overall, it's a great school and one I would recommend.

Machias Elementary School 5

Posted June 11, 2009
We love Machias - we have 4 kids who are all attending Machias and we love the staff. They all know who we are and who our kids are... we highly recommend Machias.

Machias Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2005
I have two children attending Machias with the oldest child in the academically capable classroom. The school principal is firm but loving and visible...knows the students by name/grade, really cares about each student and makes a point to greet parents at events. The majority of the teachers at Machias are high quality and their own children attend the school (which is a great indicator of school excellence). The dramatic rise in the student test scores shows the dedication and academic excellence desired by teachers, students and parents. The music program is an area that needs improvement since student talent is not truly nutured or shown at school concerts.

Machias Elementary School
231 14th Ave SE, Snohomish, WA  98290
Last modified Machias Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Machias Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top