Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are taught to be respectful and are held accountable to the choices they make.

My children have gone there for 4 years and have had a great experience. Being a teacher myself I feel it gives me a unique perspective and I think my children's teachers' have worked hard to help them learn and address any concerns we have. The principal is great, as well as all the support staff. I have always felt everyone at Machias truly cares about children and are working to help them succeed.

The staff, teachers and principal are great. Both my children love going to this school.

We love Machias elementary and the teachers who have given so much to our children.

I would not recommend sending your child here. The only thing I like about this school is how it looks, it is newer and has a nice appearance. Other than that I don't like this school at all. My child has went here for 6 years. Basically the staff only cares about how they are affected by your child's scores on tests, they don't care about the actual child and your child succeeding. They claim that bullying is taken seriously, yet my child and all of their friends have told me how no one does anything about bullying, they pretty much say there is nothing they can do about it..... Do not expect the teachers here to go above and beyond or work any harder than they have to. The all day kindergarten teacher here is very mean and should not be a kindergarten teacher.... I haven't seen any teachers here that "actually care" about the kids. They are just their for a paycheck in my opinion. Wish I could give a better review, I am going to look for a better school for my kids for the 2015/2016 school year, I can't stand this school any longer.

They understand that not all children learn the same.

I have a son who just completed the 5th grade this year and had Ms. Mills as a teacher. It was our first year there, coming from LWSD and even though it was quite the change, they made it a very easy one. My son teacher doesn't believe in homework which every kid loves and overall I felt she was stern but fair. The school is acient, but is in the process of being torn down and rebuilt to something more appealing. Overall, it's a great school and one I would recommend.

We love Machias - we have 4 kids who are all attending Machias and we love the staff. They all know who we are and who our kids are... we highly recommend Machias.

Last modified Machias Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.