Bad
Good

I am a student at vvms and I am new to the school. I am satisfied with the learning programs and most of the teacher in fact I am friends with more of them then students. the staff is very welcoming but the students are cliquey. they stay in groups and do not welcome new people and are very distracting in class which I feel interferes with learning.

So far, as a parent of a 7th grader I am very happy with the school. The leadership is excellent, the teachers are dedicated and involved. The curriculum is well thought out and challenging. Perhaps more importantly, there seem to be clear expectations regarding behavior and a positive learning environment!

This is a school where you can feel secure in the fact that your children will be shamed if they are of the female persuasion. The dress code is that which will make a feminists blood boil. ALL of the dress code is set up by conservative, religious parents who decide that young males shouldn't be taught to respect women and girls should be ashamed of their assigned gender. The teachers hands are tied by red tape and no one is 'allowed' to be LBGTQ, less they be shamed and bullied. So not thrilled I have to coordinate to NOT have my kids go to this school because of all of these awful guidelines.

I am a graduate from VVMS, I used to go to Centennial and let me tell you... There is such a difference in how they are run for being in the same district. VVMS focused more on education, less on fun, CMS was the opposite. I love both schools but if I was a parent I would choose VVMS.

What an amazing school! I have two children just completing the school year at Valley View. Looking over the year, I can whole-heartedly recommend this school. Seventh and eight graders usually do not associate learning with fun; however, at Valley View, learning is FUN! Spending five days a week with this highly qualified teaching staff in this magnificent building makes getting up for school in the morning easy.

I am a student who currently goes to this school, and I have to say it's pretty good. Most of the teachers I've had are very nice and helpful, which is a contrast compared to my previous school. I also find many of the students to be friendly, although some can be arrogant. These students can be easily ignored. (By me, at least.) The only issue I have with the school is that it is /very/ crowded. I recently finished a 3D sculpture class with forty kids in it. It was out of control. (That was the only one of my classes that was out of control, though. It was only because of the size of the class.) Bottom line: Overall it's a great school. My experience with the teachers and students has been positive for the most part, and the amount of homework is miniscule. (Compared to my previous school.) Be aware that there are /a lot/ of students. (Also understand that I can only review based on the few classes that I have taken. I am an eighth grader, by the way.) Oh yeah, and every school-day starts at 7:20. Enjoy getting up around 5:00 AM.

I think that vvms is a great school, community, and safe place for children to get a great education! :)

Seems to be a good school. I have had teachers call me about my child out of the blue, which is much appreciated.

My daughter transferred last year into Valley View from a private school. The academics were better, especially the science and choir programs. Teachers from Valley View actively collaborate with teachers from GPHS, and the choir teacher actually teaches at GPHS as well!

Last modified Valley View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.