Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We love Totem Falls! This has been a great school with small classes for my children. They easily have met the unique learning needs and styles of my kids. My younger daughter has received additional reading 'class' to enhance her skills, and has gained so much confidence. Both my kids have developed confidence, are excelling at school and feel prepared for the next grade. I highly recommend Totem Falls.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

In the 7 years we have been at Totem Falls we have never had a 'bad' teacher. All of the teachers are excellent and have been caring, well prepared, and provided a rigorous curriculum to our kids.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Kids at Totem Falls are taught how to be good citizens. My daughter was taught to identify bullying/harassment/intimidation and when it occurred she was able to report it in a safe manner. She was able to help her friend, be honest about the situation, and hold others accountable. She remembers this and know that being fair, being honest and having integrity are essential to being part of a community.

I thought I was sending my daughter a great school. I have found that the other parents are stuck up. I feel the school doesn't care about the children. Bullying is so prevalent it's ridiculous but a lot the bullying is by staff members. Yes my daughter is being singled out and bullied by her teacher... It's all to do with her being on th the side of the other stuck up parents. So, unfortunate the school has potential but they need to hire new staff

We bought a house in the area just so our children could attend Totem Falls Elementary. We are so glad we did, it is proving to be a wonderful school.

The school overall is decent. However, as a parent of a special needs child who attends this schools, i wish more emphasis was placed on academics such as reading and math.

We have had a great experience at this school. Class size runs about 21 kids each year and there is strong parent involvement. I know our 2nd child will love it too. At the end of each school year, you fill out a form about your child's personality and what type of teacher/learning style would be best, then they try and make the placement for you that matches what your child needs for the next school year. It is very helpful.

We choose a house out here because we heard great things about Totem Falls Elementary and Glacier Peak HS. So far our first child is heading into 2nd grade and we couldn't be happier. He loves it and teachers are great. We have our second child entering Totem Falls next year and know he will love it too.

There are some good things about this school. Mainly, it has great test scores, although they do "teach to the test." Unfortunately, our child and others have experienced substantial bullying at this school. The school has participated in Rachel's challenge, an effort it seemed very keen to publicize on King 5 News...... We are aware of families who have withdrawn their children due to bullying. Unfortunately, as parents of a child with special needs we have expreienced some very inappropriate behavior from some staff members! Hopefully these staff members are truly able to embrace the challenge of kindness and acceptance and be good role models for our children!

Being a previous student, this was an excellent school; the best I ve ever attended. The students warmly welcomed newbies as their own, I had many new friends on the first day, and the teachers seemed to care as much as parents do their young.

Last modified Totem Falls is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.