Snohomish, WA

Posted March 11, 2015
Little Cedars has an amazing community feel. The staff and families all come together for the students. The teachers are all amazing! My kids are now 4th grade and 2nd grade and we have been VERY happy with all of their teachers & programs. Not sure why this school is ranked a 7- I would give it a 10!

Posted February 02, 2015
I'm exceptionally impressed by the amount of attention that the teachers and administrators give when creating classroom rosters; our daughter, although pleasant and social, tends to require a no-nonsense adult to help direct her through classwork, and so when we switched schools between second and third grade, I was nervous about whether they'd actually listen to me after filling out their questionnaire about my child. Not only did they read it, but I received a phonecall from the principal herself to assure me that our daughter had been placed into the care of a teacher who was widely known for dousing drama before it gained too much steam in the classroom. Now in fifth grade, each following teacher has also seemed to be of the same mold, a fact that we truly appreciate. During conferences, it was mentioned that they will often split dramatic groups apart between grade level years and into different classrooms, to see if separation of the main culprits helps everyone get along and learn better. I have two younger boys not yet in school, but I, for once, am so, so glad that they will be attending LCE in the coming years.

Posted August 21, 2014
Love this school. My girls have been going here for 3 years and they are both above grade level.

Posted May 15, 2014
Great experience with Little Cedars, Teachers, Administration, Staff, Parents and Students. All have been great.

Posted October 06, 2013
Although I'm a freshman in high-school now, I loved this elementary. This school really excelled my learning. I had great teachers (for the most part). The teachers really care about the students. I don't recall too much about the actual curriculum, but it was very well rounded. We had art days every week, music days (where I attempted to play the recorder), and it really helped me with my multiplication later in life.

Posted May 20, 2013
I'm not sure what happened with the kids from a few years ago but both our kids have done great at Little Cedars.

Posted July 18, 2012
Little Cedars is an outstanding school and our 3 children have been attending since it opened in 2008. The teachers are fantastic and really work to connect and motivate their students. While the academic program is challenging, it has also been very rewarding to see our kids flourish in this environment. The Principal has been very involved and engaged, and the school receives a lot of support from parents in the community.

Little Cedars Elementary School 2

Posted December 28, 2011
I was not very impressed; This school, although was very nicely built did not live up to it overall expectations. My son used to attend Totem Falls and he had overall good grades, was in the AR accelerated reading program. Was good friends with most of the teachers, never got in trouble, and had many friends that were kind and respectful; but sadly in his third grade year. The new Little Cedars school was built and he was required to transfer. Learning about all the new features of the school was great, yet none of his friends transferred either. The school didn t seem to have an AR program, and his grades and work ethic seemed to decline. He also complained more about schools and would have rather stayed at the other school.

Little Cedars Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2011
I'm not entirely impressed by this school. My son never had an issue in school socially, and his grades were really good at Seattle Hill. When we transferred to the new school, his grades and test scores went down, and he's had some issues socially here. The Vice principal seems to have his hand on the control, and I think he really cares about the kids. But I'm not really impressed with the teachers we've had so far. I feel they are overworked and the teachers aren't especially organized, with a few exceptions. I am also unimpressed with the front desk receptionist. However, the parent involvement is very good. This year I haven't been as involved as other years, due to work load, but when I am there helping out, there are many parents stepping up and getting involved.

Posted August 05, 2009
I love our little cedars school. What a great place to start my kindergartener!

Little Cedars Elementary School
7408 144th Placese, Snohomish, WA  98296
Last modified Little Cedars Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little Cedars Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top