Snoqualmie, WA

Posted September 18, 2014
I just had one student graduate and another is starting as a freshman. I think the school is great! When you go to the school, the kids are kind and friendly. Course selection offers a ton of rigorous choices, as well as a wide variety of electives to grab the interests of students. Its quality sports program and motivated music department also offer lots of fun options, from which many students earn scholarships for their hardwork and talents. The teaching staff and administrator are doing a great job.

Posted November 08, 2013
Since we've moved a number of times, my kids have attended a few schools in a various states. Mt Si has, by far, been the very best one. Personally, I think it's the outstanding teachers that make a real diffference. Their passion for the subjects and true concern for the student's futures really set them apart. Thanks so much Mt Si teachers!!!

Posted August 15, 2013
Mt. Si is a great school. The administration is making the necessary changes to provide the best possible education to the children of the Snoqualmie Valley. College prep and technical training is available. The Freshman campus is going to make the campus less overcrowded and provide the Freshman an excellent start to their high school career. Call the school and talk to the Principle and see what is really happening at this school. It is an exciting time.

Posted August 15, 2013
We moved to Snoqualmie last fall. Our daughters entered their new schools as the second quarter started. The counselor was fantastic to work with. He took the time to find out what the needs and wishes were for our freshman daughter. Then helped place her in the best classes with the most appropriate teachers for her. Next, he walked us over to the volleyball coach and introduced both our freshman and 8th grader to get them in touch with the right people to continue their interest in sports. The first day was great. The language arts teacher made sure there was somebody at the door of each of my daughters classes to guide her to the next class. Also, he made sure there were some kids to have lunch with her. I have also found that the teachers are very approachable and easy to communicate with. We have been very happy with Mount Si High School.

Posted June 24, 2013
Why is this the only high school to not offer biology for 10th grade?? Integrated science? Yet the state requires 10th graders to take a biology test at the end of the school year! Mt si needs to look around at what other districts are doing, and follow!

Posted May 02, 2013
Every good review for this school is from a parent in denial or a staff member. This school does not deserve the good reviews it is getting.

Posted April 29, 2013
If I could give no stars I would. This school does not deserve a 9. I have had 3 kids go this school and 1 graduate, and getting her to graduate was like pulling teeth. When my first child was in her 2nd semester of 11th grade the counselor then decided it was time to intervene and say she will not be graduating on time. Counselors should work with you student through their whole high school career. The staff is infamous for letting students slip through the cracks. However there are a few teachers here that I absolutely adore, because they got done what needed to be done. One of my biggest pet peeves is their class fees. Why should a class have a class fee? Public education should have no cost, especially in core classes. Not everyone can afford these prices and then your students graduation gets held back if you don't pay the fines. To me, seems as though the school is more worried about paying sports related things rather than the education. if I had to move back to the valley, my kids would not go to Mt Si! Look for another school!

Posted April 25, 2013
I think the teachers, or hopeful parents (denial?) are rating the school high. The teachers (most) dont teach! The classes are way to easy...the new freshman campus is pulling teachers away and now class sizes are anticipated to be greater than they are already at 30+. A school is only as good as their leaders....this one lacks big time. Neighboring districts refer to Mt Si as Mt "High" for its drug using students! No school is perfect, but this one does not deserve the ratings some have given! Lies...or just lack of perception?

Posted April 23, 2013
Just take note that all the good reviews are by parents. NOT by the students who actually go there. Ask me or anyone of my friends and we'll tell you the exact opposite.

Posted April 02, 2013
Mount Si is committed to excellence and my two kids are receiving an excellent education. In addition, they love going to school at Mt. Si, there is a strong sense of belonging to the school and there are many sports and extra-curricular programs for the kids to stay involved and engaged. Administrators are outstanding and committed to making sure EVERY kids is prepared for post-high school life.

Mount Si High School
8651 Meadowbrook Way SE, Snoqualmie, WA  98065
Last modified Mount Si High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Si High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top