Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Evergreen Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I would like to share my gratitude to my son Ian's teacher Ms. Hammerquist in 1st grade at Evergreen Elementary School and also his Reading and Math teacher! They have worked so hard in all levels to make sure my son gets the best concept of learning to meet their expectations! Ian has shown so much improvement in all his educational levels from when school started till now, thanks to these three wonderful educators!

Evergreen Elementary School 5

Posted November 07, 2015
My children have attended Evergreen Elementary for 3 years. The teachers and staff work really hard to make sure that my kids are being responsible for their own learning. When they say No Excuses they mean it, but it is a good thing for them to realize their really is no excuse for them to not learn.

Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2014
My 6 year old kid, was attending Rocky Ridge Elementary School in Graham wa. The staff and the teachers were awesome they help me and work with me to meet my child s need, then I moved to the Parkland area and I was told to transfer my kid to Evergreen middle School in Spanaway, so I called one day and left a message to follow up with the transfer for my child, a day passed and no answer, I called again around 3pm and left another message next day and no answer, so I called for the third time and bingo somebody answered the phone so I explained the situation, and I was told to come in and fill up the enrollment package, so I did, than I ask the staff about dropping my kid after school to my daycare , the answer I got is this is the number to the bus dispacher talk to them and go from there, so I call the dispacher and she said fill up the paperwork and we will call you to let you know about it, so I did and went to dropped at the school office the lady at the front desk said we will call you soon, 2 day later I called em back to find out about what was going on, they said that they were waiting for the dispatcher to decide about dropping my kid to his day care provider.

Posted May 10, 2007
We've had our son at Evergreen for 1st & 2nd grade. Students and local neighborhoods are extremely diverse in their makeup - a virtual melting pot that brings difficulties which staff and the PTA work hard to handle. Not all are successful, but most have a strong desire to help these kids where they can. Title I, ELL & PAL programs schoolwide, a great Technology program & teacher, plus a Librarian is wonderful - encouraging kids in a way I've not seen by many librarians in past schools. Music program a bit lacking in my opinion... PTA is pretty active, although parent involvement is not always as good as it could be. The administrative staff is (for the most part) all new this year and AWESOME!

Posted September 09, 2005
This is my kindergartener's first week at school. He has had little organized social interaction. His daycare has always been homey and low maintenance. Simon already does simple math with single digit numbers. He knows many words by site and can sound out many words. Unfortunately so far the only focus there has been on his behavior, which does, I'll admit, need modification for a complex social setting. My concern with this school is their apparent tendancy to look no deeper than an outburst, and I have yet to see his teacher try to discover what might 'set-him-off' rather, she simply asks what our discipline style is. She seems to be perterbed that we did not send her a ready made clone that would tow the mark. I am please that they offer full-day kindergarten classes, which seem to offer much more than a <3 hour day.

Posted July 17, 2005
lack of parent involvement and overall effort. Parents (at least I wasn't) aren't kept informed. Unless yougo out of your way to find out you won't know. I missed some assemblies because I never received a flyer. The teacher didn't make sure all students had one. There are a few GREAT teachers here.

Posted March 05, 2004
My child has attended this school from k-3. He has had a very good experience and has had nothing but wonderful teachers all the way through. I feel this school is doing everything possible as far as discipline and safty and are doing a good job with extracirricular activities. I am very pleased with this school.

Evergreen Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2004
My daughter had a hard time at her previous elementary school and I couldn't pin point what it was. She was acting out and misbehaving. But at Evergreen she was challenged enough to where her mind was on learning and not on over acting. Her grades went from c's to a's. They have to be doing something right.

Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2003
I would not recommend this school nor the school district to anyone. The classes are overcrowded and the building needs a lot of improvement. The new principal is rude and does not have a clear outline of rewards and punishments. She singles certain students out for punishment, while allowing others to misbehave on a regular basis. Bethel school district does not make true attempts to improve students test scores.

Evergreen Elementary School 5

Posted September 25, 2003
I have had three students attend Evergreen, and a fourth one still attending. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Evergreen. The staff truly care about the children. I would recommend Evergreen to everyone. Keep up the great work!

Evergreen Elementary School
1311 172nd St East, Spanaway, WA  98387
Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.