Bad
Good

My children have attended Evergreen Elementary for 3 years. The teachers and staff work really hard to make sure that my kids are being responsible for their own learning. When they say No Excuses they mean it, but it is a good thing for them to realize their really is no excuse for them to not learn.

My 6 year old kid, was attending Rocky Ridge Elementary School in Graham wa. The staff and the teachers were awesome they help me and work with me to meet my child s need, then I moved to the Parkland area and I was told to transfer my kid to Evergreen middle School in Spanaway, so I called one day and left a message to follow up with the transfer for my child, a day passed and no answer, I called again around 3pm and left another message next day and no answer, so I called for the third time and bingo somebody answered the phone so I explained the situation, and I was told to come in and fill up the enrollment package, so I did, than I ask the staff about dropping my kid after school to my daycare , the answer I got is this is the number to the bus dispacher talk to them and go from there, so I call the dispacher and she said fill up the paperwork and we will call you to let you know about it, so I did and went to dropped at the school office the lady at the front desk said we will call you soon, 2 day later I called em back to find out about what was going on, they said that they were waiting for the dispatcher to decide about dropping my kid to his day care provider.

We've had our son at Evergreen for 1st & 2nd grade. Students and local neighborhoods are extremely diverse in their makeup - a virtual melting pot that brings difficulties which staff and the PTA work hard to handle. Not all are successful, but most have a strong desire to help these kids where they can. Title I, ELL & PAL programs schoolwide, a great Technology program & teacher, plus a Librarian is wonderful - encouraging kids in a way I've not seen by many librarians in past schools. Music program a bit lacking in my opinion... PTA is pretty active, although parent involvement is not always as good as it could be. The administrative staff is (for the most part) all new this year and AWESOME!

Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.