Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2014
My 6 year old kid, was attending Rocky Ridge Elementary School in Graham wa. The staff and the teachers were awesome they help me and work with me to meet my child s need, then I moved to the Parkland area and I was told to transfer my kid to Evergreen middle School in Spanaway, so I called one day and left a message to follow up with the transfer for my child, a day passed and no answer, I called again around 3pm and left another message next day and no answer, so I called for the third time and bingo somebody answered the phone so I explained the situation, and I was told to come in and fill up the enrollment package, so I did, than I ask the staff about dropping my kid after school to my daycare , the answer I got is this is the number to the bus dispacher talk to them and go from there, so I call the dispacher and she said fill up the paperwork and we will call you to let you know about it, so I did and went to dropped at the school office the lady at the front desk said we will call you soon, 2 day later I called em back to find out about what was going on, they said that they were waiting for the dispatcher to decide about dropping my kid to his day care provider.

Evergreen Elementary School 4

Evergreen Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted June 10, 2008

Posted May 10, 2007
We've had our son at Evergreen for 1st & 2nd grade. Students and local neighborhoods are extremely diverse in their makeup - a virtual melting pot that brings difficulties which staff and the PTA work hard to handle. Not all are successful, but most have a strong desire to help these kids where they can. Title I, ELL & PAL programs schoolwide, a great Technology program & teacher, plus a Librarian is wonderful - encouraging kids in a way I've not seen by many librarians in past schools. Music program a bit lacking in my opinion... PTA is pretty active, although parent involvement is not always as good as it could be. The administrative staff is (for the most part) all new this year and AWESOME!

Posted September 09, 2005
This is my kindergartener's first week at school. He has had little organized social interaction. His daycare has always been homey and low maintenance. Simon already does simple math with single digit numbers. He knows many words by site and can sound out many words. Unfortunately so far the only focus there has been on his behavior, which does, I'll admit, need modification for a complex social setting. My concern with this school is their apparent tendancy to look no deeper than an outburst, and I have yet to see his teacher try to discover what might 'set-him-off' rather, she simply asks what our discipline style is. She seems to be perterbed that we did not send her a ready made clone that would tow the mark. I am please that they offer full-day kindergarten classes, which seem to offer much more than a <3 hour day.

Posted July 17, 2005
lack of parent involvement and overall effort. Parents (at least I wasn't) aren't kept informed. Unless yougo out of your way to find out you won't know. I missed some assemblies because I never received a flyer. The teacher didn't make sure all students had one. There are a few GREAT teachers here.

Evergreen Elementary School
1311 172nd St East, Spanaway, WA  98387
Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evergreen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.