Spanaway, WA
After care: No

Posted September 04, 2014
I've been going to this school since 9th grade. I'm now in 11th. I first started here because I didn't like how long regular school days are. Now that I've been going here I went from C's to pretty much all A's. I also hated school in general when I first started going and now I enjoy going to school and talking to all my teachers and having a good time and learning in the process. You really get to know all your teachers and the staff. Mr. Moon is a phenomenal math teacher and helped me understand every concept we went over. The man is truly a genius. Mr. Foote is great personas his class is life changing. Frankly all the teachers should be praised for excellence. When people learn I go here they think I'm mentally retarded or something but in reality this is a paradise. Nobody knows just how Great it is until they get inside and experience it for themselves. It should be recognized but the staff members just care about helping the students graduate and plan out theirs lives to achieve their goals and to promote excellence. They are the unsung heroes of district. Never, will you find a better community of people.

Challenger Secondary School 4

Posted June 07, 2013
As a soon to be graduate of Challenger, I really enjoyed going to this school. I believe this school is not recognized as much as it should be. It offers great alternatives for students who can not attend a traditional high school. 90% of the staff here is wonderful including, Ms. Love (secretary), Ms. Von Stein (academic counselor) and 2 math teachers: Mr Moon, and Mr. Nelson. I can tell that the principle may mean well, but his lack of understanding family situations irritated me beyond belief. My parents were greatly disappointed in him, and his lack of understanding when it came to family emergencies, and absences. Overall, I loved Challenger.

Posted November 11, 2011
I am a proud graduate of Challenger school class of 1993. At this school there were no peer pressure or pressure at all from staff, academics or anything. This school made me who I am now an Arson Investigator in my hometown and considered an expert witness to any and all fire/arson related investigations. While in school there I wrote my first book titled Washington State History, I don't know if its still there but that experience also led me to my present career as an investigator. I Want to thank the whole staff for the great year and the tremendous knowledge that I have acquired from your expertise. Thank You!!

Challenger Secondary School 4

Posted January 05, 2011
My son was at a local high school and not wanting to go. Got him in Challenger and he is actually happy to go to school! Got good grades on math tests!!! He has incentive now to go to school and get into a college career. Thank you!

Posted October 21, 2010
This is the only school in the District that has improved their test scores every year. They just got an award from the State for it too. If you want your child to gradutate and want them to pass the state tests- Put them in Challenger. The Bethel Online program is also awesome. One of my friends sons went into that program because he could not go to school and he has done very well.

Posted September 17, 2009
Without this school many kids would have either dropped out or be failing in the other traditional school.

Posted February 23, 2009
I have high praise for Challenger High school. My son was failing high school at another high school close by that I will not name. My son went from almost strait F's with the occasional D thrown in for good measure at the other high school to an A,B and C at Challenger. I could not believe I was looking at his grades. I was happy. I asked him the reason for the change, he replied that when he had a question about his assignment his teacher would help him understand the concept (Briliiant!) and that he liked school now. If you have a student like mine that is having a difficult time in school give challenger a try. They have a waiting list but hang in there. It the thing I have done for my sons education. The teaching staff is upbeat and highly motivated about my sons education. They get an A from me.

Posted August 31, 2008
I beleive that Challenger gets the short end of the deal when it comes to being reconized within the district. It has been put on the bottom for too many years, and it's time that they get the respect that the other schools get. GO CHALLENGER!

Posted February 02, 2007
Compared to the rest of the Bethel school district, it would be difficult to have enough praise for this alternative school. My son went from nearly dropping out, to an honors student. WASL issues? The answers are obvious. If your youngster is having school issues, please check out the alternative school program(s)!

Challenger Secondary School 1

Posted June 13, 2005
This is a great school to be going to if you are planning to get into running start. Get good grades, do 4 hours of community service a month, and keep in touch with your advisor and not only is your college paid for, but you get paid up to $40 a month!

18020 B St East, Spanaway, WA  98387
Last modified Challenger Secondary School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Challenger Secondary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top