Bad
Good

I was a student here and i hated it my teacher was really mean and did not care about me at all I ended up going to a different school (Greenacres Elementary School) and my teacher ended up getting fired Now I go to Greenacres Middle School and it rocks

I've been out of Summit for about a year. Being a choice school, students avoid seeing a lot of teenage vices that bombard you in high school. This may or may not be a good thing. I feel like the teacher quality has decreased substantially, and some of the teachers try to interfere too much with the students. Obviously, if you want to hand over parenting to them, this is the place for you. Otherwise, they seem to care about the students and teach fairly well. My experience was mediocre. However, they do have a pretty decent debate team, which is one of the only things I enjoyed at that school.

I was a student at Summit for 5 years and I will never forget it. We went on some amazing trips that were for learning yet it was not just a trip to where ever and you never look back on it. You had lots of fun and cant wait to tell your parents all about your day. Not just the 'It was fine'. One of the things I loved the fact that you bonded with the students and the teachers. When a teacher left the school you were really sad to see them go. You didnt just bond with your friends. There was no groups that believed that they were better than others. I was there from the begining and have seen it grow from having 3 grades in one class to fill the class to fill the class to having a waiting list a mile long. Summit is amazing.

I love this school both my son and daughter attend and they love it and have learned alot .

Great school, we appreciate the out of the box aspects. There is a dress code, which is wonderful. The explorations really take the kids into a deeper understanding of topics. The staff, we just feel so lucky as parents to have found this school. Wonderful!

My boys have been at Summit School since the beginning. The educational approach is innovative and meaningful, and my boys have had much better success than a traditional public school approach. The staff is fabulous and very dedicated.

Parent participation is maybe 60% if you're lucky, and that participation is mostly of the stay at home moms and dads of the lower house and kindergarten. This school has potential, but lacks in communication. The students get introduced to a variety of activities both in and out of the school, that you won't find in other schools. This has been a great hands on teaching tool for many of the students. You won't find fundraisers, family nights, or extracurricular activities which is unfortunate. Your only opportunity to meet with other families, is as you pass them in the halls, while volunteering, or if you are lucky enough to attend one of the day time expeditions. Unfortunately if you work, you're out of luck. This school does have an annual auction, that needs a lot of work. Personally, I'd rather just write a check, and do away with the auction.

My daughter just started Kindergarten at Summit School, and she absolutely loves it!! She is already reading very well. The teachers are helpful and caring and the students seem very well behaved. We are very excited for her future at Summit and what the rest of the year hold for her.

I attended Summit School for 4 years, form 5th to 8th grade. I must say that because of the excellent teachers and fun activities this school has potential, but doesn't seem to quite live up to it. The student dress code is unclear, cumbersome. No after school programs at all. During my time at Summit, I noticed that the teachers themselves are top-notch and are what saves the school. You can see just by walking in, that it is a tight-knit community, between teachers and students. All in all the school needs a lot of work but has the pieces to do it.

My husband and I feel privileged to have our daughter at such a good school. She started the end of fourth grade and loved it after the first day. The teachers over the years have all been special to us, and tolerable while we got down the sometimes trying dress code. My daughter really enjoys the community time classes which offer music,art,writing or physical ed. The way the students interact and learn through on hand projects,field trips is helping them learn life long responsibility and working well with others. With all the trips and activities the school plans there is always awesome parents who have time to help. My daughter is going into 7th grade were all excited for this year theres always something new at Summit!

Last modified Summit School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.