Posted April 10, 2010
I've been out of Summit for about a year. Being a choice school, students avoid seeing a lot of teenage vices that bombard you in high school. This may or may not be a good thing. I feel like the teacher quality has decreased substantially, and some of the teachers try to interfere too much with the students. Obviously, if you want to hand over parenting to them, this is the place for you. Otherwise, they seem to care about the students and teach fairly well. My experience was mediocre. However, they do have a pretty decent debate team, which is one of the only things I enjoyed at that school.

Posted April 14, 2009

Posted October 15, 2008
I was a student at Summit for 5 years and I will never forget it. We went on some amazing trips that were for learning yet it was not just a trip to where ever and you never look back on it. You had lots of fun and cant wait to tell your parents all about your day. Not just the 'It was fine'. One of the things I loved the fact that you bonded with the students and the teachers. When a teacher left the school you were really sad to see them go. You didnt just bond with your friends. There was no groups that believed that they were better than others. I was there from the begining and have seen it grow from having 3 grades in one class to fill the class to fill the class to having a waiting list a mile long. Summit is amazing.

Summit School 4

Posted September 11, 2008
I love this school both my son and daughter attend and they love it and have learned alot .

Summit School 4

Posted July 16, 2008
Great school, we appreciate the out of the box aspects. There is a dress code, which is wonderful. The explorations really take the kids into a deeper understanding of topics. The staff, we just feel so lucky as parents to have found this school. Wonderful!

Posted April 02, 2008
My boys have been at Summit School since the beginning. The educational approach is innovative and meaningful, and my boys have had much better success than a traditional public school approach. The staff is fabulous and very dedicated.

Posted January 23, 2008
Parent participation is maybe 60% if you're lucky, and that participation is mostly of the stay at home moms and dads of the lower house and kindergarten. This school has potential, but lacks in communication. The students get introduced to a variety of activities both in and out of the school, that you won't find in other schools. This has been a great hands on teaching tool for many of the students. You won't find fundraisers, family nights, or extracurricular activities which is unfortunate. Your only opportunity to meet with other families, is as you pass them in the halls, while volunteering, or if you are lucky enough to attend one of the day time expeditions. Unfortunately if you work, you're out of luck. This school does have an annual auction, that needs a lot of work. Personally, I'd rather just write a check, and do away with the auction.

Posted November 30, 2007
My daughter just started Kindergarten at Summit School, and she absolutely loves it!! She is already reading very well. The teachers are helpful and caring and the students seem very well behaved. We are very excited for her future at Summit and what the rest of the year hold for her.

Posted October 28, 2007
- a former student
I attended Summit School for 4 years, form 5th to 8th grade. I must say that because of the excellent teachers and fun activities this school has potential, but doesn't seem to quite live up to it. The student dress code is unclear, cumbersome. No after school programs at all. During my time at Summit, I noticed that the teachers themselves are top-notch and are what saves the school. You can see just by walking in, that it is a tight-knit community, between teachers and students. All in all the school needs a lot of work but has the pieces to do it.

Posted July 28, 2007
My husband and I feel privileged to have our daughter at such a good school. She started the end of fourth grade and loved it after the first day. The teachers over the years have all been special to us, and tolerable while we got down the sometimes trying dress code. My daughter really enjoys the community time classes which offer music,art,writing or physical ed. The way the students interact and learn through on hand projects,field trips is helping them learn life long responsibility and working well with others. With all the trips and activities the school plans there is always awesome parents who have time to help. My daughter is going into 7th grade were all excited for this year theres always something new at Summit!

Summit School
13313 East Broadway Ave, Spokane Valley, WA  99216
Last modified Summit School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.