Bad
Good

Not a good school for bright kids...they are unchallenged and bored. No one is willing to think outside the box, all teaching and curriculum is scripted. I imagine that most of the public schools function this way, however. Principal seems very uninterested in students and parents. Makes no effort whatsoever to meet parent volunteers. I have stopped volunteering because the school and many of the staff members depress me. We will be moving our son to private school next year.

My four children have all attended Brentwood Elementary. The parent involvement is unparalleled. There is a strong sense of community. The faculty is wonderful. The 'office ladies' are so friendly! The only negative is that I wish the challenge (gifted) program was an all day classroom situation instead of just pull out, but that is an issue that needs to be addressed at the district level.

My three children have been enrolled at Brentwood for 2 years now. I think the Challenge program needs to be overhauled. My kids feel like they are being punished for being smart most of the time with the current program. The principal is not very responsive to parental input. We have been to him several times with concerns and felt that we were brushed off. I do think most of the teachers at this school are very good. We have had one that I wouldn't recommend but overall our experience with the teaching staff has been great.

Last modified Brentwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.