Bad
Good

Love the Mead school district -- they challenge their students and push them achieve more. I would give Evergreen a five star rating if it weren't for the principal. I am not impressed with Mr. Iverson at all. He TALKS -- and does not LISTEN to concerns. When I went to him with an issue, he gave me the same canned speech he gave every other parent -- VERY frustrating. He's good with the kids -- not so much with parents (and it doesn't seem like he is with teachers, either).

Poor leadership, lack of communication among staff. Lots of bullying. Staff does nothing to stop it. No follow up, false promises from staff. The only reason they didn't get a one star is because of the extra curriculum and some teachers are carrying (emphasis on the some).

Love this school. My daughter went there since 1st grade and is now in the 8th grade at Northwood and now my son is going there and is in the 1st grade. The teachers are nice, the staff is friendly and the principal is always out greeting everyone. You can tell they are all there for the kids and families, not just work!!! Love everything they do for our community!

Principal (Iverson) and teachers are great! Lots of volunteer opportunities and they are good about keeping parents informed.

Our son had a great experience at Evergreen, and so did we. I've heard grumbling among parents since the school was knocked off its top perch among Spokane-area elementaries when Prairie View opened a few years ago, taking Evergreen's very popular principal and some of the richer families, but this is still an outstanding school by any measure. Great music program. Huge playground. Nice neighborhood close to Whitworth University.

Evergreen was perfect for my daughter. She had great experiences with teachers. There are some good teachers and there are some terrible once. My son was super bored in 1st grade. I tried several months of trying to ask teachers to give him extra work. I was told that he should not read on higher level. Mr. Iverson did not give me an appointment though I asked for it twice. I moved my son to private school where he finally got challenged.

I currently have two children that attend here. It is a great school! The teachers and staff are very friendly and helpful. We did have one bullying issue this year with my daughter and it was handled quickly and I was told that if we had anymore problems to let them know right away and they would handle it immediately. Thankfully we didn't have any problems after that. This school has a good amount of parent helpers/volunteers. It also has a ton of after school activities for the kids to get involved in.

My child has just finished 5 years at Evergreen and while I was very happy with staff initially I have come to realize that there is a lot of special treatment towards students, bullying goes unpunished and the Principal Iverson is very politically motivated. I see a trend among the "old timers" that is not appealing. Ready for my child to move on.

Evergreen's quality as a school has declined greatly since Principal Becky Cooke left and went to Prarie View. I wish she was still there, things went much more smoothly. My daughter only has one year left there thank goodness. There are however still some excellent teachers and staff there still.

Evergreen is an amazing school. The staff is top notch. Everyone works hard to help all students to grow. The parent community is involved and supportive. There are many opportunites for parents to get involved. The school has great family events. My student loves it.

Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.