Spokane, WA

Posted August 11, 2013
My boys and I love the Adams! My oldest has special needs and I couldn't be happier with their efforts to help my son be the very best he can! :)

Posted March 08, 2012
If you have other options, I would look elsewhere. I wouldn't have chosen for my child to go to this school, after experiencing it for a year. We have had multiple negative experiences. The teachers and principle seem willing to help, but also seem very overwhelmed with the issues within the school. They very rarely take the kids to recess, and the kids end up sitting with there heads down on their desks for being to "rowdy, or noisy." 25 kids squished into a tiny classroom is a bit overwhelming for anyone, teachers and kids. They all need a break. Why are they not getting it? Take these poor kids to recess! More parent involvement would be wonderful!

Adams Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2011
Adams is terrible! The students in my class end up having to correct the teachers answers when it comes to math. They teachers go way too easy and they don't prepare classmates for middle school, and when it comes to Physical Edu. We don't get ANY training for the mile run. I mean come on, seriously! We fail P.E. and they tell us it's our fault, but we aren't getting trained. I WOULD NEVER EVER recommend this school. The staff are kind, but it seems the teachers don't know their basic math, and the students end up having to prove the teacher that the teachers answer is wrong.

Adams Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2011
The facilities are lacking, as are programs and opportunities for the kids. I wish we lived in a different neighborhood, because Adams would never be my top choice for my child's education, but we have few options.

Posted May 04, 2011
This school definitely has its ups and downs. My daughter started attending in the beginning of 2008. She has been dealing with bullying, and being shut out her entire time at school. We have a new principal this year, and yes this year things have been much worse. I have had multiple talks with the principal and my childs teacher about the behavior and I get answers from "I'll talk to everyone involved" to "well your kid starts it". This year has been a huge challenge, and I am grateful that my child will be moving to middle school next year. Being a single working parent, I will say that this school does not "appreciate" the "less fortunate" children, and "caters" to those that are more middle to upper class, or just difficult to deal with.

Posted April 28, 2011
I would recommend this school to parents who desire lots of extracurricular activities and programs, a solid sense of community and support, and a safe and loving place for their children to go. Adams is an old school on the outside but new and energetic on the inside. Their students support community and volunteering, the teachers are funny and outgoing, and the current principal is a funny caring person. There are several teachers who are old and should be replaced but overall the atmosphere is very positive. My daughter was being pushed around by one little girl and it was handled immediately; she has had no problems since. The ptg group is wonderful and the music program is fantastic. There are lots of clubs throughout the year and teachers spend time volunteering so that we can have recitals and performances. I would recommend this school to any parent and feel lucky to have my child going there.

Posted February 14, 2011
I would strongly encourage anyone to bring their child to this school. It has that home town, small community feeling. My child has attended Adams for the last 5 years. The PTG and teachers made us feel part of the school community right away. Adams has wonderful family events such as Fall Festival, Culture Night, Movie Night, Bingo, Walk- a -thon and the end of the year Ice Cream Social. They create a great sense of school community. I have found the teachers and staff to to be very involved and caring individuals. All and any issues have been delt with promptly and with sensitivity. All schools change principals, and staff come and go. There can always be transition times. But the overall feeling of the Adams community to care for the whole child, is still there. My daughter feels at home at Adams. Since I went there as a child myself, it feels like home to me too.

Posted January 16, 2011
I do not recommend this school at all. My son has gone there for two years. He is in 1st grade. Although this school has a wonderful music program and a fun jump-rope club, I'll admit, I am not at all pleased with the new principal there. There have been a lot of issues concerning bullying. My son has been pushed, called names, bossed around, slapped and even kicked without any repercussions, except occasionally taking the offender's lunch away. The principal and a counselor ignored these problems, because it is 'far too much for them' and 'it just happens'. Please be careful about sending your child there. I wouldn't trust this school for any kid until the system is improved, though from the apathetic responses I've received, it's not going to get better anytime soon. I am extremely disappointed and I plan to transfer my son to another school as soon as possible. He deserves better; a safe learning environment that is more attentive to issues like these.

Posted February 26, 2010

Posted December 11, 2009

Adams Elementary School
2909e 37 Ave, Spokane, WA  99223
(509) 354-2000
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top