Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Every teacher I have met has been very kind and helpful. It is a safe environment where the kids are encouraged to work together. They do not allow bullying. They let kids work ahead in math. My son and daughter were able to take 9th grade Algebra in 7th grade because the teachers do not hold students back. This school challenges kids. The choir teacher is incredibly skilled at teaching kids different styles of singing, including songs in foreign languages. The African drumming and dancing group gives kids a fun after school club to experience different styles of music. My son loved the "Math is Cool" club.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child may be advanced, but she goes through her homework and her extra work and still wants more to do. We have purchased several workbooks to do on our own time along with the homework.

I love that my daughter attended here. It is by far the best school in the area, and I have done my research. My daughter was supposed to go to a different school and I quickly transferred her here. The teachers offer open and honest communication and do a great job keeping you informed!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I think the teachers here are great. They make sure all important mail comes home with students in a mail folder once a week. They keep parents very well informed. The teachers are outgoing and friendly. The principal always has time to listen when you have a concern. My daughter left kindergarten well above the standards that are required. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure your students are educated and safe.

Cooper elementary school has terrible communication skills & slides things under the carpet... Like when my daughter was violated & had her skirt looked up under by a boy ! Nothing was done because everyone, including principal Williams, assumed everyone else took care of it:( shame on them!

I went to school at cooper when i was younger, was there from k-6 and I absolutly loved it. I have been to many schools since i left cooper and none can compair. cooper has an amazing staff, I have never met teachers that I liked more.

I have had two children at Cooper Elementary and they have both had wonderful experiences. The teaching staff is excellent, works well together and truly cares about the students. I have seen teachers take time to attend students' sporting events on Saturdays, have book discussions on weekends, etc. The administrations is caring and available to both the students and parents. Cooper is one of the best elementary schools in Spokane.

Not happy with this school they lost my kid and couldn't even tell me who what when and where

I think Cooper is a outstanding school my girl loved it there mrs.Lekner is a great teacher. I myself love all of the teachers and school events.

The principal is a great leader. He spends a lot of time out in the halls and on the playground building relationships w/the students. The self manager program is excellent! The teachers and staff have been there for years some for more than 20! The crisis response is very organized and is practiced regularly. I wouldn't have my kids anywhere else!

Last modified Cooper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.