Bad
Good

Last year my student was doing great however this year he is behind and teacher did not address this or let me know until 6 months into the year...all homework was turned in however the work in school was falling behind. This should have been address in the first 3 months of the school year so we could have come up with a plan to help this child. If your child might need some extra help Hamblen is not the school to be looking at. I am very disappointed and am looking to find a school that is more in tuned to the students.

My oldest daughter attended Hamblem for two and a half years. She moved there in the middle of fourth grade. The transition was really great, the principal, teachers and other staff made it really easy for her. She now attends Chase Middle School as an eighth grader. Hamblen did a great job with everything, with one exception. My daughters sixth grade year while we were registering her for middle school with her teacher she was not given the opprotunity of being in the honors language arts, reading, and history class because it was not suggested by her teacher, even though was was an A, rarely B student. Now, we have been trying for the past two years to get her in the honors block. We are hoping for her to get accepted to Gonzaga Prep for highschool but her chances are jepordized because of her not being suggested for honors. Dont get me wrong, this is only one example. Many students do succeed from this school.

Our son has been a student for 3 years, since indergarten. Until this year, I have been overly impressed by how organised the teachers are as well how eager they are to work with the student/parent/teacher communication. This year we did have a little issues with our sons teacher and thiscreated some problems with our son that I was not ok with. Thiskind of gave a bad taste. I do think this was an exceptionaly hard year for all who haveattended due to principal change and new teachers.

I have had two girls go through Hamblen Elementary. It is by far the best school on the South Hill. The staff is caring and they care about the whole well-being of your child, not just getting them through the system. The parent involvement is tremendous! The parents are there so much they are often confused as being staff. It is truly a 'Great School'!

My son went to Hamblen from K-6, the teachers there are Awesome! My son did need some extra help, but it paid off in the long run, he is attending chase now and last year he was on the honor roll!! I have to thank all of his teachers at Hamblen! I look forward to my daughter going to this great school. She will be in the second grade this year and she loves it there!

Our daughter has attended Hamblin for the last two years (3rd & 4th). She never once has complained about the Teachers, students or school in general. We find that the staff at Hamblin are very professional.

Last modified Hamblen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.