Bad
Good

This was the worst experience I've ever had with any school. Favortism is a big thing in this school. My child has been bullied throughout the entire school year. The teachers do nothing about it, becuase they feel that it's not in their job description to do so. My child has been physically assaulted by another child, and the teacher responded by telling me that maybe my child just likes to play the victim. I was shocked by this reasoning. It really didn't make a whole lot of sense. Different kids have gone so far as to tell my child that she eats like a pig, and many more unkind things have been said within the course of the year. And what's really surprising is how nothing is done about it. I guess at this school they feel that kids will be kids, and bullying is allowed to flourish.

We switched our daughter to Indian Trail from a small private school. We were really unsure what we were gonna think but we LOVE it! It's small enough that the staff really knows the students and families. Our son will start next year and we can not wait. The families and friends we have made this year are wonderful, the PTA is very active and always has fun stuff going on.

We LOVE Indian Trail! Our kids get all kinds of attention and their teachers care about them. Most importantly, our kids love school and have embraced an excitment for learning and community. The teachers also care about the social aspect of school and help develop character...way more than just "teaching to the test." Lots of parent involvement. Friendly parents and an active PTA. The annual PTA auction is all kinds of fun! We bought our house here so we could go to Indian Trail!

This school did nothing to teach my child i just moved her to another school. the teachers don't want to do there jobs. when you ask them why your child dosn't no what it is they are trying to teach they tell you. they were suppose to get it off the bored. like what ever happened to a teacher actually teaching a child and helping them. my child asked her teacher for help several times they did not answer her question or help her. my thought is the teachers here need to go back to school.

The students and families at this school are excellent. Great people and great kids. The administrators and office staff are top-notch. But, if your kid is not a middle of the road achiever or a high achiever, then they will get lost. The teachers at this school only want to manage, teaching a child is not in their repertoire. They want kids in seats who don't need all that extra attention, you know teaching them how to read or write is a little too much to ask. Teachers, so far (from 1st to 4th grade) have been under par and have forgotten what is in thier job description. TEACH! How about fix the problem and not the blame.

We love this school. It is in a quiet secluded area of town. Office staff is very nice to parents, and there are lots of volunteer opportunies.

Last modified Indian Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.