Spokane, WA

Posted February 05, 2014
Great school! My daughter started in K and is now in the 4th grade. She has had excellent teachers all the way through... dedicated to the kids, willing to communicate if something is wrong and go above and beyond to help when needed. My son just started K there this year, and his teacher is fantastic too. I'm excited that both my children get to experience this school. The Principal knows most of the kids and their parents by name and face, as do the office staff. They are respectful and willing to help with anything, no matter how big or small.

Posted December 17, 2011
I have two of my children at Jefferson. One is in the third grade and one is in the first grade. They love school and look forward to each day. My third grader is doing algebra, reads novels, and can diagram a sentence. He has barley any homework (mostly none) and yet is getting a stellar education. My first grader is also doing things beyond my expectations. He does long division, geography, and botany work and blows us away with the amount of information he is capable of learning. He went from barley reading in the fall to small chapter books in the winter with the help of his teacher. She guided us with a plan on how to accelerate his reading and comprehension, and it was so simple. Again, little to no homework, so we can spend quality family time together after school instead of filling out busy-work. I love the "Character Counts" program that the principal has put in place. Each month our family follows up on the goals and the topics including respect, responsibility, and caring. Furthermore, the principal knows most of the 500+ children's and parents names. It blows me away how committed they are at this school. Love it.

Posted May 24, 2010
Our son is in the 1st grade at Jefferson and he couldn't have a better experience. The K class was simply amazing, that set him up for a wonderful lifetime of learning. He loves going to school and we have never had a single issue with the other kids (they are just so nice) and we appreciate the feedback with the new report cards. We have another son that starts in 2011 and we just hope the same teachers are still teaching at Jefferson.

Posted April 13, 2010
I have had 4 kids go through Jefferson-two that are still there. We have had nothing but great experiences. The staff is wonderful. Many of the teachers have been there for numerous years, and we've seen as the years go by, that many of the students have parents that also attended Jefferson, and have moved back into the neighborhood so their kids can go there. This speaks well of the community as well as the school! My husband went to Jefferson, and we are one of those families that moved back to the neighborhood so our kids could attend Jefferson. There is a high level of parent participation and a large number of parents and community members that volunteer. Great school!

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted December 11, 2009
I love everything about this excellent school except for late start Thursdays.

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted July 25, 2009

Posted September 15, 2008

Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2008

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2008
I have a daughter in the 4th grade. Her experience is much different from the other 4th grader parent. She is reading the classics and being pushed in math and science and all subjects. Her teacher is wonderful. If you are a parent that reinforces the importance of school at home, your child will absolutely flourish at Jefferson. My other child is now in high school, Jefferson prepared her to take all honors classes through middle school and now in high school. Both my children will go to college, and their strong foundation started at Jefferson

Posted March 13, 2008

Jefferson Elementary School
3612 South Grand Blvd, Spokane, WA  99203
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top