Spokane, WA
Students enrolled: 1,530

Rogers High School 3

Posted January 10, 2015
2.5-3 stars: First of all, I would like to accommodate this school for having really understanding students and staff. I'm currently a senior at this school and came in during the start of the second quarter last year, having to abruptly switch cities and schools. Everyone is really nice and took me in with open arms. However, I would like to comment on the teachers teaching methods. I don't think they push there students hard enough and I feel like they coddle them at times. The teachers don't really enforce due dates that often, giving students more time to complete assignments than need be which teaches the students to be lazy and that easy assignments are harder than they appear. It seems the teachers do this to get the students to have a better grade when actually they let the students do the least of their ability just to have high scores so the teachers look good. I blow off many assignments because i don't think I'm getting much value from them. If you want the easiest way to get a duploma and have a better chance of getting into college, due to it's bad rep and looking better than you are, I'd go to this school. Go somewhere else if your looking for a valuable education.

Posted April 29, 2014
It's been great to see the amazing turnaround that Rogers High School has undergone in the last five years. The coverage I have seen in the newspaper has been nothing short of remarkable. From increased graduation rates and test scores to a commitment to safety, this school has really shown a focus on academics and student success. This can be best illustrated by the high caliber schools these students are getting accepted to, from Harvard to Stanford and Columbia to more local schools like Gonzaga and UW. Two students in the last two years have received the Gates Millennium Scholarship, good for all school expenses including room, board, books and fees for ALL education through a Doctorate. Numerous students have received full ride scholarships to Whitworth and many other students have achieved a multitude of other academic awards. Rogers High School staff and students should be proud of their accomplishments. Keep it up!

Posted April 27, 2014
I love the negative comments posted from people that have probably never stepped foot into Rogers high school. Why the need to post a review when you don't really "know the school"? Here is what actually goes on at Rogers: The bells ring, students go to class and teachers teach. At the end of the year 80+% of the students graduate on time. Similar to any other high school. The difference is that's not good enough for the staff that works there. They know every one of the 1400 students who go there and work hard to help all students become successful. Two years in a row a Rogers graduate has won the Gates Millennium scholarship. There is one of the best college/career counselors you will ever find working there. There are many AP classes available and students get a top notch education. Rogers has improved over the past fews years and will continue doing so. The hardest obstacle to overcome is the negative perception outside the walls. Give it a chance and you will be thrilled with your student's outcome!

Rogers High School 1

Posted January 31, 2013
I see a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes in the reviews posted by former students. They all seem to of had a lot of fun but that isn't going to help them get a job.

Rogers High School 2

Posted November 11, 2010
To correct the previous statement, I'm sure you received GREAT education. I believe Rogers to be a school where creativity is supported and I commend those whom attend Rogers for this; However, not only academically but socially Rogers High School graduates (few that there are) could do better with one to two more years of schooling. Especially if said students are interested in progressing to University. All in all, I would suggest taking a second look at any other high schools your student could possibly attend. Consider Gonzaga Prep, just down the road. Often the expense of private school turn families away but with their fair-share tuition, the tuition is adjusted per family income making the school affordable for all.

Posted June 16, 2009
I had so much fun there and got a grate education!!!!

Posted December 02, 2008
I am a proud graduate of Rogers. I owe that school everything. It made me who I am today. Unfortunately, because of the low income zip code that it resides in, it has a very bad reputation. Having graduated valedictorian, I am forever thankful to the faculty at Rogers who seem to care more than they have to. I attended Shadle for a brief period my sophomore year and was extremely let down. At Rogers, diversity brings people together, and overcoming the negativity that surrounds the school bonds the students and faculty. If I could convince someone to give this school a try, im sure they wouldn't be disappointed

Posted November 09, 2008
I currently attend Rogers high school, and from experience i must tell you that it is a good school. When i first started i was slightly afraid because of it rep. I have now been there for 2 years and i have relized that it is a wonderfull school full of great oppurtunitys. Its true we dont have the highest budget in our school system, but who cares? And just because a smalll percentage of student give our school a bad name, and just because stats show thing , it doesnt showw the tudents that go there that have hopes and dreams.

Posted October 11, 2008
Like any other school, Rogers has a lot of positive characteristics intertwined with challenges they are trying to overcome. Personally, I think any given student can gain more from Rogers than any other school in Spokane, but conversely, they will have to work harder for it. Thankfully, this is ideal. Diversity, for example, ranges from the socioeconomic to the racial. Differences make things more difficult, but you learn from your differences and become proud in defining yourself through them. Any prestigious college in America will share those same difficulties with Rogers, but they do so purposely. If you are really looking to give your child an education, give it to them. Don't let reputation deprive them. I go to an ivy-league institution and I promise two things. No school in Spokane could of sent me better prepared, and without them, I would never be here.

Posted June 24, 2008
4 stars: Very friendly and helpful staff. Open Door Policy. The studen't feel that they belong and that makes the school of Rogers High very Special and Unique.

1622 East Wellesley Ave, Spokane, WA  99207
Last modified Rogers High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rogers High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top