Posted July 18, 2011
I was very impressed with the teacher my son had for kindergarten. She was very involved and he excelled quickly. She was also was very willing to answer any questions that I had. I also had interactions with the other kindergarten teachers and found them friendly. The principal was helpful with any issues that needed to be discussed with her also and she always took the time to say hi to me.

Posted April 28, 2011
Do not send your child to this school they do not have a community environment and the things your child will be exposed to are unacceptable. My daughter found a syringe on the playground just for one example.

Posted March 28, 2011
The teacher (s) that my daughter had are younger than me, or so it seemed (I'm 23). They did not send homework home because "a lot of parents don't participate" and my girl was bullied by a child who has seen no repercussion except being moved to the other side of the classroom. When I went in and talked about these concerns with her teachers, yes, two of them, they struggled to find answers and put my child on the spot about the bullying concerns, saying she needed to say something to them. Well, if she hadn't why would they have moved to to the other side of the class? They are impersonal and I would love to see their credentials... Oh wait, I can't. Hmmm. And since when did teachers lower their standards based on a lack of parental involvement from some? Where's the accountability?

Posted March 28, 2011
My daughter LOVES school. So much so that she would darn near be in tears on Friday, not wanting to not be at school for the weekend. However, we recently moved to the North side of town... and switched schools. Now? She is starting to not like school, and looks forward to the weekend. She gets bullied, and after talking to teachers about it, she STILL gets bullied. The teachers here seem to have a "Oh, well, wadaya gonna do?" attitude and throw their hands up. I am sad over my daughter's drop in enthusiasm for school, and have already made plans to move her to another, she's only been here for a month. Sad, and I'm not going to waste another second pretending these people know how to treat students, both the good ones and the out of line.

Longfellow Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
My son just started Kindergarten at Longfellow this year and while he has been lucky to have such a great teacher for his first year in the 'big kids' school, this will most definitely be his last. The only decent experience we have had with the school so far has been the family picnic. It seems that the majority of the kids at the school are unruly and disruptive but I have only witnessed this in the before school line ups and at the Cross Country meets and the parents that are there, just turn a blind eye when their child gets physical with another child right in front of them. The teachers are either preoccupied or give the impression that they do not care. I have been disgusted with the overall experience and will be relieved when my child will be attending the better school down the road.

Posted May 13, 2009
My children have been lucky to have wonderful teachers at longfellow. The principal is great. My daughters have loved all them. They have always been given the encouragement they need. But, I too have wondered why there are no music recitals, and/or plays. When I was in grade school, we always did. And one other thing. How can the district let teachers go? The classes are large enough as it is.

Posted January 21, 2008

Posted May 11, 2007
My child has excelled since she has been in this school. She made friends, she loves her teacher (Mrs. Cline 2nd grade), and she participates in school functions. As far as problem children, I have not had that experience. I think that if a child is brought up properly by loving parents, the teachers and/or school would not have to correct there behavior. We always want to point a finger at the school and teachers. However, we should be looking at our children and our selves. It is always easy to blame everyone else. When does a teachers responsiblity stop and a parents start?? As far as bullies go, they are everywhere. Every kid has been picked on and every kid has picked on another. No matter what school your child goes to, there will be a bully.

Longfellow Elementary School 2

Posted November 06, 2006
I think this school really needs some kind of control over the out of control kids. When I have been in this school first of all you sign in and rarely are you ever greeted at the front desk. I have heard teachers talking about students in a very unprofessional manner. I think the teachers dress code deserves a fashion citation some are horrible! What is happening to our schools and the leaders that our children are suppose to be looking up too? How can kids look up to someone that looks like they are an old version of a school kid? From what I see, a lot of the kids may be taking care of themselves before they come to school. I really wish someone would look beyond budgets and quotas and pay attention to what kids really need to encourage their learning.

Posted April 20, 2006
My son's academic progress at longfellow was great, but he is a smart kid who learns easily. My son was constantly bullied by kids and ignored by teachers most parents at this school are not involved in their childrens behavior, therefore there are many problematic children. They have music but no performances/recitals, there is little art and science. The level of parental involvement is poor. I have had horrific experiences, please do not send your child to this school.

Longfellow Elementary School
800 East Providence Ave, Spokane, WA  99207
Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top