Spokane, WA

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 09, 2015
My son was in kindergarten so there were a few times he would bring home unfinished work to complete or what he had missed. Our teacher would communicate and let us know if there were certain things to practice and work on at home as well (writing numbers or letters).

Posted July 09, 2015
As a new parent to the district and spokane area I was nervous to have my kindergartener start a few months into the year but everybody was really helpful from the office ladies, teacher, other parents and PTA. The classroom was run very well by an exceptional teacher, the principal was in constant communication with parents, the PTA hosted great activities throughout the year and the overall commitment to the kids was tangible.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 09, 2015
We moved from a top school distinct in the Seattle area to Spokane and enrolled our child in kindergarten at Mullan Road. His teacher (Mrs. Strobel) went far far beyond what was expected to ease his transition into the classroom. I was able to observe both her and substitutes with the children and all were fully equipped to teach and teach in a way that was patient with the kids while encouraging them to try harder.

Posted September 03, 2014
The principal is reasonable, responsive and supportive. I've got a special appreciation for this, as it wasn't the case with our children's previous school. I would have been very happy with just reasonable, but he really goes out of his way to meet the needs of the children. With just one exception, the teaching staff my children have had the privilege to work with, have been terrific and go above and beyond. My difficult child grew by leaps and bounds because of his kindergarten teacher's endless support, love and patience. He changed his inner dialogue completely because of the things she spoke into him! His behavior improved, as he began to believe good things about himself! The learning support teacher is also sold out for the kids! The PE teacher is positive and encouraging and a vast improvement over their last one at their previous school. The support staff have been terrific to work with. The ladies in the office are warm-hearted and wonderful. Mullan Road has been welcoming to my diverse family, and really has a neighborhood school feel to it. We feel blessed to be a part of it!
2 people found this helpful

Mullan Road Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2010
Over all a great school. The only area where they could use improvement is getting info out to the parents in a timely manner.

Posted June 13, 2010
Great school! very nice neighborhood on South Hill in spokane. I wish, the Music program is to be improved...

Posted January 06, 2010
The teachers and staff are excellent. The parental involvement is also incredible. Highly recommend it.

Mullan Road Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2009
I have been happy with my son's education at Mullan Road. Both of his teachers were wonderful, however his first teacher fell ill throughout the year and he ended up with a full time sub for the second half who was not able to adequelty education 5-6 year old. There is not enough teachers at this school and we are not looking forward to 2 mixed classes for 2nd grade this year. There is strong parent envolvment at Mullan Road.

Posted March 18, 2008
Mullan Road is a wonderful, enriching learning environement for my children. The parent involvement is amazing and the teachers are incredible at helping each child excell in their strong areas.

Posted July 24, 2005
Great school in very nice neighborhood on South Hill in spokane. parent involvement is not great however and has the 'too few teachers do too much' problem

2616 East 63rd Ave, Spokane, WA  99223
Last modified Mullan Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mullan Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top