Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Mr. Loupe is a great teachers who encourages students to try new things. The music program is outstanding. I like how the classes are challenging and the IST program is incredible. My daughter loves doing the labs in her science classes. I absolutely love the IST Middle School. The teachers are all engaging, supportive to different learning levels, and patient. The kids kind and thete is no bullying. They are treated with respect which teaches kids how to respect adults by following their example. The teachers listen and help me know how to help my son succeed in school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Just right except for AP World History. 4-5 hours of homework is too much. I do not recommend this class.

My child is in her 2nd year at North Central. I have been so impressed with the staff, the quality of the instructional materials and curriculum the school uses, the emphasis on taking rigorous classes and the constant message to the student that the more they learn in high school, the less they'll further along they will be in their college plans. The homework center helps students who have fallen behind, 87% of the students have passed their WA state Math test, the special teachers and the reading program has remediated young kids who failed their 7th grade reading tests and had them passing their 10th grade test. My daughter is taking 3 college level classes as a sophomore, and many of the students that have taken classes from her teachers have passed exams and received college credit! You can't get ahead like that at a private school! And the kids are so nice there. I work at the neighboring high school and I couldn't believe how weak the discipline was there, the bullying was shameful and rampant, and the cheating was out of control. Ask the kids at my daughter's school and they'll tell you that the discipline is swift and strict and the teachers are fair, but demanding.

I loved my NC experience. When I hear about others' HS experiences, I feel lucky to have gone there- in my four years I can say with 100% confidence that everyone got along. No 'cliques', little drama. We were there to get an education and get into college. They were preparing us for college from the first week of our freshman year, and the teachers were there for us; they took a strong interest in making sure that we all reached our potential. There was also always something to get involved in and so much spirit as well as tradition. While it did make me sad to hear about the changes that were made for the sake of political correctness, I'm glad that the proud heritage continues!

Going to this school has been great! The whole atmosphere and everything is awesome. The teachers I've had have been A+ by my standards. The school spirit is amazing and I'm proud of having attended such a great school which by the way just turned 100 years old. Continuing the Legacy!

When I was a student at NC Spirit, Pride, and Tradition was every where. I thought that over the years it may have lost some of that heartedness, but when my son started going there I found out that they have even more Spirit, Pride and Tradition than ever before. This really is a great school

This is a great school. I am proud to be the parent of two NC graduates. I also married into a family of proud NC grads. and am looking forward to my other kids to get there. NC pride runs deep.

Last modified North Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.