Bad
Good

Posted September 27, 2011
My child is in her 2nd year at North Central. I have been so impressed with the staff, the quality of the instructional materials and curriculum the school uses, the emphasis on taking rigorous classes and the constant message to the student that the more they learn in high school, the less they'll further along they will be in their college plans. The homework center helps students who have fallen behind, 87% of the students have passed their WA state Math test, the special teachers and the reading program has remediated young kids who failed their 7th grade reading tests and had them passing their 10th grade test. My daughter is taking 3 college level classes as a sophomore, and many of the students that have taken classes from her teachers have passed exams and received college credit! You can't get ahead like that at a private school! And the kids are so nice there. I work at the neighboring high school and I couldn't believe how weak the discipline was there, the bullying was shameful and rampant, and the cheating was out of control. Ask the kids at my daughter's school and they'll tell you that the discipline is swift and strict and the teachers are fair, but demanding.

Posted February 12, 2011
I loved my NC experience. When I hear about others' HS experiences, I feel lucky to have gone there- in my four years I can say with 100% confidence that everyone got along. No 'cliques', little drama. We were there to get an education and get into college. They were preparing us for college from the first week of our freshman year, and the teachers were there for us; they took a strong interest in making sure that we all reached our potential. There was also always something to get involved in and so much spirit as well as tradition. While it did make me sad to hear about the changes that were made for the sake of political correctness, I'm glad that the proud heritage continues!

North Central High School

Posted June 27, 2008
Going to this school has been great! The whole atmosphere and everything is awesome. The teachers I've had have been A+ by my standards. The school spirit is amazing and I'm proud of having attended such a great school which by the way just turned 100 years old. Continuing the Legacy!

Posted June 27, 2008
When I was a student at NC Spirit, Pride, and Tradition was every where. I thought that over the years it may have lost some of that heartedness, but when my son started going there I found out that they have even more Spirit, Pride and Tradition than ever before. This really is a great school

Posted October 25, 2007
This is a great school. I am proud to be the parent of two NC graduates. I also married into a family of proud NC grads. and am looking forward to my other kids to get there. NC pride runs deep.

Posted May 04, 2006
This is a great school for people to attend. Everyone is always looking out for everyone else. We also have great spirit too.

Posted June 06, 2005
North central is a great school.. there is no problem with the kids there and it is great for learning.

North Central High School 4

Posted April 01, 2005
I currently have a junior at NC and a son who graduated June 04. Our experience has been nothing but the best at N.C. The teachers have been very connected with our sons and truly show personal concern with their achievements. Coming from a private school background not knowing what we were entering into, I can truly say that I would recommend NC the highschool of choice.

Posted December 14, 2004
North Central is the greatest school in Spokane. Besides the random fights and the leaky pipes in the shop hall it is a great school.

North Central High School 3

Posted August 22, 2004
I am a former NC special ed student. I completly agree with the lady that wrote about it. She was completly right about everything. I was just lucky enough to graduate. The strive program became a joke my senior year. They didn't help with anything. My junior year they did help me for the most part but still not as good as it should have been. The special ed dept also never got me prepared for College and now I am struggling to even be able to stay in. I want to make something out of my self and was not properly prepared. I loved NC but the special ed dept teachers need a lot of work and to teach actually what the students need for later in life.

North Central High School
1600 North Howard St, Spokane, WA  99205
Last modified North Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.