Posted January 25, 2013
My son attented both 7 and 8th grade here. I would not recommend anyone sending their child to school here. There is never homework, no challenge for the students whatsoever, and a majority ot the students who are there don't want to be and make it very hard for the few who actually want to give their very best. At the beginning of the school year the principle stated that they do not give homework because the majority of the students wont do it so they just give extra time in class. My son has come home on more than one occasion having been completed w/ his assignment to have them sit and do nothing for a week while they wait for the other students to turn it in. However I do have to say that the music teacher truly does care about the students and they have an amazing music program even offering Jazz band. I would hightly recommend thinking twice about enrolling your child in this school unless you are ok with them just getting by.

Posted September 13, 2012
I strongly advise anyone who considers enrolling their student at Shaw to refrain from doing so . I myself have a fourteen year old daughter who has been continuously bullied by the staff , harassed by the trashy students , singled out , and punished for ridiculous things. Although there is a small bunch of students who strive for success , the majority of them do not want to be there and do not give any effort whatsoever. I can say these things because I have devoted many hours to volunteer at Shaw to monitor activities which I've heard about. I can vouch for just last year on the last day of school , three girls were caught in the bathroom smoking!!!! And yes , I do acknowledge that every school has it's issues ,but Shaw has far too many to even be a possibility for my daughter to stay enrolled. At this time , no special requests are being considered. Therefore , as of this past summer , my husband and I have put our house on the market , in hope to move to a different school district.

Posted November 15, 2009

Shaw Middle School 5

Posted September 16, 2008

Shaw Middle School 5

Posted February 05, 2008

Shaw Middle School 0

Posted October 16, 2007
The curriculum at this school is great and the teachers are very understanding of my child's needs!

Shaw Middle School 2

Posted March 23, 2006
This school is somewhere I would not send my child. My neice attends and they never bring home books they bring home homework that you can pull out of a crackerjack box. Where is the challenge instead of settling for standard? Not at Shaw everything is below standard here.

Shaw Middle School 4

Posted July 17, 2004
The teachers at Shaw Middle School really care about their students, both academically and emotionally. Many of the students at Shaw come from high poverty broken homes and they need some extra TLC. Most of Shaw's teachers provide that for their students inside and outside of the classroom. My daughter was on the basketball and dance team at Shaw this year, and her teacher was the coach. I have never seen my daughter's self confidence and respect for herself shine like it has from the encouragement and influence of this teacher. I was just informed that Shaw teacher's have the highest number of Masters degrees in the district! Wow! The education that your child will recieve from the teachers at Shaw is wonderful, but the education they MAY recieve from their peers is undesireable. Just pray that you've raised your child to make good choices.

Shaw Middle School 3

Posted July 15, 2004
The teachers really care about the students and want them to succeed. Too bad parent involvement is almost nil. Kids know that and if they flunk the parents won't care. It's hard for good students who really want to learn to put up with all the chuckleheads.

Shaw Middle School 4

Posted May 12, 2004

Shaw Middle School
4106 North Cook St, Spokane, WA  99207
Last modified Shaw Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shaw Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top