Spokane, WA

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2013
I am completely taken back by this school if someone chooses to call it that and am desperately looking for a better one for my children to go to whether I must drive them miles to it everyday or not. My childs education is important to me and to top it off his special needs make it difficult for him in school so finding people that know how to work with him has been trying. We moved here from North Dakota/ Minnesota area and I truly miss the school district back there. :(

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2010
I am not at all pleased with Willard. My son has attended since K and is now in the 5th grade. Each year has been a struggle with getting concerns addressed. My son's writting skills are still very poor and require a lot of at home work. The school has continued to not meet standards for the WASL. My son, despite this, scores above standard. Futhermore, many issues are not addressed professionally. Issues have been discussed with my son that were soley parent to school and did not need him to be involved. I have been very displeased with the proffesionalizm of the staff. I will not go into details since my son is still attending this school. I know that in giving details it will be clear who the student is and I do not trust the staff to treat him well if they read this review.

Willard Elementary School 5

Posted May 08, 2006
Academic programs are good. LAP program for grades 1-4. Music teacher is wonderful. Art, sports and extracurricular activities are adequate. Problem with getting parents to attend PTG meetings though. Our daughter has had the BEST teachers and we have been able to pick them all even though it is not promised that we get who we ask for. Problem with staff member saying unappropriate comments (not to children-with oter staff members and this person is NOT a teacher) and hopefully it is being dealt with at a higher level. I will be very unhappy if this person is back next year. But other than that, this has been an excellent school for our daughter to excell in reading, math, science.

Willard Elementary School 5

Posted January 06, 2006
I attended this school for kindergarden and first grade. I still remember both my teachers!

Willard Elementary School

Posted July 25, 2005
This school has a great deal of parent involvement, and a principal who works very hard to keep the school up to date on technology.

Willard Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2005
The teachers are very involved with the students. Even with the classroom sizes children still get the one on one that is harder to find in public schools.

Willard Elementary School
500 West Longfellow Ave, Spokane, WA  99205
Last modified Willard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top