Spokane, WA

Posted August 12, 2014
This school has two options for every student. The first is the neighborhood program and the second is the SPICE program. We choose the SPICE program because the fee is nominal ($120) and I like the volunteer time requirements. Each family in the space program is required to contribute at least 40 hours of volunteer time per year. This allows me to meet a lot of parents with similar interests in the education of the kids in our class. The teachers are open to new ideas and are always trying to help your kid learn in a way that is easiest for them. Improvement in my childs reading skills between kindergarten and 1st grade was so amazing it was nearly unmeasurable. Math is hard for my kid so the school brought in resources to assist her to make sure she didn't fall too far behind while he mind matures. Looking forward to 2nd grade this year. I would have never understood all that a teach does unless I was in the class every week.

Seth Woodard Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2014
Our children have been attending the SPICE program at this school for the past 12 years. SPICE is a parent coop program. Each family contributes $110 and 45hrs of volunteer time to the school each year. Additionaly a parent/teacher/principal meeting is held each month. Because of the parent help the teachers are able to give the students more individualized attention. We love this school! Strong imfasis on community service, traditions, learning outside the classroom and parents and teachers working together. The principal makes a point of spending time with the students. As each of our students has moved on to middle school, they have found themselves ahead of the other students and so at the top of thier class. As a parent I love working in the classroom with my children. I get to know their friends and their teachers this way. I also really appreciate the parent meetings, they keep me in the loop and allow me to add my own input to the program. Teacher Imfasis: K-Reading, 1st-Life, 2nd-Cultural Awareness, 3rd- Transistion of Responsibility Level, 4th- Community Service, 5th-Responsabilty in Preperation for Middle School and Life.

Posted July 30, 2014
Our child was new to Seth this year, we were immediately welcomed by staff, and families!! Our child was challenged academically as well as socially. We were a part of the SPICE program and could not be happier. Seth is an amazing school, and we feel incredibly blessed to be a part of their family.

Posted July 30, 2014
I went to Seth from 1st-6th grade about 12-16 years ago and have started my own family with every intention of sending my kids there! The SPICE program is phenomenal and the extra programs and experiences that are made available to the parents and students at Seth Woodard are all standout reasons to attend.

Posted July 30, 2014
Seth Woodard is a top notch school. The staff and teachers have a love and dedication to all students and families. There is not a teacher in the school that I would not hesitate in putting my son or daughter in their class because all of them are superb. Academically both of my children left the school with excellent study skills and work ethic and a love for school.

Posted July 28, 2014
This is an amazing school with an outstanding principal and an educated, professional staff and teachers. My children have received a top notch education at Seth. As an added bonus, they have been taught how to be kind, caring members of a community. The values that we teach at home are regularly reinforced at the school. The principal has done a fantastic job bringing together the many wonderful programs at Seth Woodard. I highly recommend this school to all parents who want to be involved and connected to a school community that is 100% committed to caring for your children and their education. I have loved being a part of the SPICE program and being able to volunteer in my kids' classrooms, get to know the other children & parents in their classrooms and go on fun yet educational field trips (we even get to attend youth theater plays!). I love knowing that I make a difference in the lives of my children and their peers simply by being involved. Thank you Seth Woodard!

Seth Woodard Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
We came to this school to be involved with our childs education. The SPICE program is supposed to be set up to allow parental involvement. Some of the teachers are great but the support from the school administration is simply terrible and the SPICE program turns out to be a waste.. There are real problems with education and social behavior that are consitently downplayed instead of being addressed. What parrent involvement exists is minimal and ineffective, bordering on nothing more than drama. I wish I had another option.

Seth Woodard Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
I would not recommend to enroll your child in this school. If you are a parent who is involved in your childs life and care for your childs well being I would not encourage you to bring your child to this school. They ok bullying, they do not have any resolution to kids hitting your child repeatedly, assaulting your child. I have spoke with numerous parents who kids have been punched, kicked, pushed down, inappropriately touched by other students in their class/ school for the school to try and down play the real problem and disregard the parents concern. The principal just takes notes does not show any sympathy, more like a robot. Your child will be a human punching bag for kids with emotional problems and the school down plays it, does not even tell parents most the time they end up figuring it out from their child or from another parent, they try and hide whats really going on. I would not even give the principal a point. Teacher- are ok. The problem lays with the prinicpal not doing anything about bullies.

Posted September 11, 2013
Seth Woodard Elementary is an amazing mix of extremely adept, hard-working, intelligent teachers and administrators who also know how to be fun, personable and make learning what it should be -- an adventure! I love Seth Woodard and wouldn't have my kiddos go anywhere else.

Posted June 16, 2011
Our son was in the PACE Magnet class for 3 years and Haley Murray is the best. Gifted children can be a challenge to teach, then to add in a class mix of grades 3, 4 and 5 adds even more challenge. She teaches with such a positive, encouraging spirit. My son really enjoyed his 3 years with her, we will miss her. Ms Arter is awesome. All the programs she coordinated we so awesome and fun for the kids. Pam Francis is so engaged and you can tell she loves her "kids". Seth is awesome

Seth Woodard Elementary School
7401 East Mission, Spokane, WA  99212
Last modified Seth Woodard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seth Woodard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top