No rating

St Aloysius Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 314 students

Living in Spokane

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Posted November 1, 2013

My child went to St. Al's for preschool and HATED it! There were two kids that bullied her daily, calling her ugly and stupid. I brought it to the schools attention and was told that they hadn t seen any of it. It was never fixed. The morning daycare teachers never got up to greet the children and if the child was upset they ignored. The school staff "lost" my child 3 times! One time I pulled up to the school to find my just turned 5 year old in the parking lot ALONE!!! Another time she was wondering the halls looking for her class. She had gone to get a drink and they moved to a new room without waiting. The last time I went to pick her up and she wasn't in her class and told "try the cafeteria" I went there and was told she was back in class! She was in the bathroom and upset that they had left her and she yelled that she wasn t done yet ! One day she came home really upset and refused to color. She told me that her teacher told her SHE DRAWS UGLY AND THAT SHE COULD'T HAVE ANYMORE PAPER" She is 5!!! This hurt her SO BAD that she stopped coloring completely for 6 months!!! The only preschool with openings, she needed special services, they DO NOT offer any nor care!

Posted March 4, 2010

I highly recommend. What a difference in my child's attitude since changing schools. Loving and caring environment. Kudos to the staff!

Posted March 3, 2010

My children attended this school sadly to say for too long. After pulling them out and putting them into a public school environment I could immediately see the differrence. This school has an underqualified staff especially in their early learning center. The gal in charge of their daycare (early learning center) Is completely unqualified and unprofessional.. This school is very political and it is a waste of money and education

Posted September 19, 2009

Wonderful School1 The staff is excellent. My son went there for 10 years. He still recalls his favorite teacher, and still stays in contact with his classmates. Awesome!!

Posted August 24, 2009

My grandaughter attends St.Aloysius.She trives and loves her teachers.We love the education she receives.She is far more advanced than most children her age.We highly recommend this school.

Posted January 16, 2009

St. Aloysius is a wonderful school. The principal is a great leader and the teachers are fantastic. Students are encouraged to excell academically. There is a Jesuit influence that I find appealing. My children have a strong sense of belonging to a loving and respectful community.

Posted December 14, 2008

As a grandparent I have had the opportunity to meet the teachers of my 2 grandsons and observe their interactions with the boys on an ongoing basis. Their social and academic progress has been notable since enrolling in Saint Aloysius. What pleases me most is the growing respect the boys have for their teachers and classmates that seems sorely lacking in public education today. Negative peer influences can undo years of careful parenting in a short period of time. I would highly recommend Saint Aloysius to any parent that is seeking a well rounded environment for their children that is free from the vagaries of public education.

Posted November 17, 2008

Love, Love, Love! I can't believe something this good could be sooo inexpensive! Our son loves it and never complains about going!

Posted July 24, 2008

My kids have gone to this school for over 5 years now, it's a wonderful for school as well as community.

Posted July 24, 2008

I am very dissapointed in the quality of the education and care that children are receiving at Saint Al's. I feel that the school does not offer programs that address children with special needs or are gifted. The school does not strive for quality when it comes to educating children. The caliber of most of the teachers/administration has been shockingly poor .I do not have children, yet when I do this will not be considered as a place I would put my child. Please take great caution before choosing this school for your child.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 14, 2008

After raising my own children in the public school system and now raising my grandchildren and being able to give them the opportunity to expand as a whole child that includes education, values, beliefs and spiriutal content is a comparable difference in the positive direction.

Posted January 31, 2007

This is a fabulous school where the teachers, staff and the many parent volunteers, educate and provide a balanced, enthusiastic, faith-based education. The principal knows each child by name, and greets the every single morning as they enter the school. All are welcomed!

Posted December 14, 2006

St Al's is a great school. My daughter has expanded like a sponge in the last two years (pre K and K). The staff is made up of some of the most fantastic people around. They have a availability of many different programs such as Spanish and sign language classes that my daughter has been involved in at the kindergarten level!!! Very low student to teacher ratios, very hands on styles of teaching everything from reading to religion. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who was interested.

Posted July 15, 2005

My children started attending this school in 2004. We have been recieved by warmth, integrity and a real sense of community. There is lots of family envolvement and so many extra curricular activities to choose from. Being so close to Gonzaga University, the kids are not lacking the exposure to an awesome older peer group. The college students are available for mentoring, they volunteer constantly with sporting events and many Christian exercises for todays youth. The religious education is stellar and diverse. At St. Al's i feel my kids have the room and freedon to ask questions and be accepting in their growing faith. I reccomend this shcool to anyone interested in taking advantage of all of the positive things Spokane has to offer. St. Aloysius Elementary is one of them.

Posted August 26, 2003

my daughter began attending this school two years ago. she will be entering the fourth grade, and would prefer to be at school rather than home. she has excelled both years and dearly loves both of the teachers she has encountered in the past two years. two days before this school year began she was contacted at homne by her teacher for the upcoming year inregards to her summer and asked her to bring something from her summer to share with the other kids. this is the type of involvement wiley teachers have with their students. my daughter has excelled in all areas of her education and looks forward to school on a daily basis. i only wish that every student might have this type of experience in grade school. thanks to the staff at wiley my child has a wonderful head start for the coming years.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 7%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Spokane

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

611 East Mission Avenue