No rating

Cornerstone Christian Academy

Private | PK-10 | 40 students

Small class size and a loving staff of caring individuals

Living in Spokane

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $198,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted June 3, 2014

Love this school! its been wonderful for my daughter who needs constant challenge in the classroom to keep her stimulated CCA is awesome and would I highly recommend it!

Posted February 8, 2014

My niece has gone to CCA for several years. It has been a wonderful educational opportunity for her. As a retired public school teacher/administrator, I fully support the mission and work of CCA!

Posted January 24, 2014

My experience with this school in the past has been nothing but positive. As a parent of a future kindergartner, this is the school where I will place my children. The staff is unbelievably caring and helpful. The academics are strong and spiritual atmosphere makes this the place we want to go!

Posted January 11, 2014

Cornerstone Christian Academy has been an absolute blessing for my children and our family. With our son feeling unsafe and under stimulated in the public school system we knew we had to make a change. The staff at Cornerstone immediately took the time to get to know him and his needs. His abilities were quickly assessed and he has constantly been challenged with work to reflect his potential. The small class sizes and Christian values create a family like atmosphere that not only allows for individualized instruction but a feeling of safety and security. Tuition is affordable and the school is committed to making a private Christian education accessible to everyone.

Posted December 30, 2013

Cornerstone has turned out to be a very disappointing school for my 3 boys. Several children have left the school and mine will not be coming back after the new year. My son is now in first grade and still doesn't even know his alphabet, yet his progress report is showing all 3 and 4's . Each classroom has about 5 to 7 kids so there is no excuse for the neglect towards my son's education. Also they have no sports other than basketball. I do not recommend this school

Posted December 30, 2013

No parent participation. Same old activities every year. Tuition keeps going up but they have nothing more to offer . The board and principle are not interested in making the school a better place. So if you like a school full of sheep this is the place to go.

Posted December 30, 2013

As a concerned parent I feel obligated to comment on CCA and the lack of stimulation they provide for my child in a private school setting. There is no extra activities and no change in many years. There is no playground and no fence to protect the children from the busy street. The children have been promised a playground for years and even asked the children to give their own money for this cause. The fact there won't be a playground for several more years was very upsetting to find out.

Posted December 30, 2013

As a step parent to 3 boys at that school has repeatedly made suggestions on things that needed to be improved for the best interest of the children . It has been expressed that our opinion is not wanted nor needed and that our tuition does not give us the right to voice our opinion. We were told by the board that our children going to this school is a privilege and we should be thanking them and other donors of CCA. It has been a shame that this school does not want to improve and make change for the better. This school was once a great place for kids but it is no longer that way.

Posted October 18, 2013

My daughter moved to Cornerstone Christian Academy two months into her 1st grade year. She had been going to an overcrowded inner-city public school where she was so far behind academically that she was receiving special ed services. Within a week of transferring to CCA, she could write all her letters and numbers correctly, and within a month she improved from pre-K to grade appropriate in math skills. She has thrived in a small classroom environment and is excited to go to school every day. What a blessing to also have faith incorporated into academics! I would highly recommend Cornerstone to anyone. The teachers and staff are wonderful. This is the best possible option for any child who needs the special care and attention to succeed in a classroom.

Posted October 18, 2013

My children's school is amazing. Prior to coming here, my daughter who has some mild special needs was bullied and as a result, was not able to concentrate on learning. She is excelling academically and making friends.

Posted October 17, 2013

Cornerstone Christian faculty have been awesome for my entire family. Life happens and they are there to help you and your child through, by praying as individuals and a group. Their leadership shrines through my child and the kids and other parents attending. Thanks to all! The classrooms are small and inviting. The kids are always cheerful and cordial. It is tight knit community I am proud to be a part of. There is always room for improvement and they strive to find ways to improve with the resources they have. Again, I can't say thank you enough on behalf of my entire family.

Posted October 17, 2013

My son has gone to school at Cornerstone Christian Academy since Kindergarten, he is now in 5th grade. He adores the school, teachers and fun, family environment. It's been such a great experience for him and for us! We feel very blessed!

Posted October 17, 2013

Cornerston Christian Academy is an amazing school. It is a God send to our family and a true blessing. We have children with different emotional needs and cornerston really strives to meet them at the level where they are at. My children have been able to excell in certain subjects because of all the one on one instruction from the teachers and small class sizes. I have had a kindergartener doing 2nd grade math because the teachers were willing to work with him and allow him to suceed. The parents and staff truly love the children that attend and it is a tight knit community. The principal and teachers are great at resolving conflict in a caring and loving way, that disciplines effectivly and teaches kids character qualities. They love the entire child and want the best for them educationally, emotionally, socially and spiritually. Our familys goal is to allow the children to stay as long as possible from Kindergarten to 8th grade at this school. The teachers are true servants and volunteers. If you were to break down the hours they are at the school dedicating themselves they are well underpaid. This school deserves every grant available. They are AMAZING!!!!!!! :)

Posted October 17, 2013

My son has is in the third grade this year and doing better then ever in school!! This school is a great choice due to the great family like atmosphere. The small class size is great!! It gives the teachers time to work with each student and really get to know them. I could not ask for a better school or teachers for my son!! I would recommend this school to any one who wants Thier children to get a great education and to learn the importance of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.!!

Posted October 1, 2013

Our first year attending my child had always gone to public school. My child;'s experience has been amazing, the staff and other families have been very kind and loving. The work is much more challenging as the expectations are much higher but her teacher has been very supportive. Bullying and mean girls don't attend this school.

Posted November 20, 2012

My child absolutely loves this school she loves the staff as she finds them encouraging and caring about all of the students that attend this school. The teachers really try to help them learn to the best of their academic and physical abilities. I think that this school is definitely worth your time. The academics are outstanding. My child wishes that they had a high school.

Posted April 24, 2010

I was entirely impressed by this school. It has a loving and family oriented atmoshere. Very sensitive to special needs and other students. Safe and caring environment.

Posted December 9, 2009

We left CCA for a couple of years due to loss of an income as we had a new addition to our family (and I homeschooled during that time). We are now back with three of our four attending the academy and I'm just as pleased as I was a few years ago. Our kids are a bit challenging and CCA has embraced them all in incredible ways. The student/teacher ratios are great, the curriculum is very friendly even to our two oldest children who both have learning disabilities, and the family focused environment is a blessing. And I'm beyond impressed with the compassion that is put towards our third child even considering some of his challenging behaviors.

Posted November 18, 2007

CCA did not help my child, rather chose to humiliate him in front of the class. It may have required too much effort on their part to teach him as he has a LD. He was forced to leave this school.

Posted May 15, 2007

One word describes Cornerstone: Amazing! Quality, research based curriculum, teachers who are there because they love the kids and know their calling, and a student/family body that is wholesome and caring! I have yet to find a school in our area that even compares to Cornerstone!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 7%

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Dave Kistler
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • NAEYC

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Japanese
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None

Staff resources available to students
  • None
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered
  • work with individual students
Transportation options

Music
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis